US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 12/15/22 - 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET - Pre-session Thread

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Thursday Admin Office Hours session on Thursday, December 15, 2022 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Thursday, December 15, 2022 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/95165805521?pwd=c1k1SUZvTExZTFNVTDJEc3RpQzA1UT09

Meeting ID: 951 6580 5521

Passcode: 847345

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/aeHxu8PlmL

13 replies

Badge

Hi Scott,

I’m trying to create a report with Activity Timeline data with the Success Plan objective associated with the Timeline entry for a specific Success Plan Type. I’m not seeing how I can get to this data even through I can see the Activity associated with the Objective on the Success Plan Objective Timeline screen.

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Scott,

I have 2 asks:

1. I have created a new JO to send an email to Manager when a reference response comes in from a NPS survey question for their team.  I would like to ensure that I have the criteria set correctly for allowing participants back into the program at a later date.  I’d also like to ensure the schedule is set correctly.
  1. I am trying to run a report that will show the previous score for a measure and when the change occurred.  I have created a report using Company Scorecard Fact.  I can pull in Modified Date but that is just the date the rule last ran.  I want the date that the score last changed.  Can I get to that?

Thanks,

Rhonda

Badge

Hi Scott, 

I have couple of questions: 

1. What are some best practices on providing edit report access to all managers. 
  2. Any possibility or maybe something on the roadmap at Gainsight to bring the JO emails into timeline
  3. Wanted to look at a rule and if it is possible to insert records having a dynamic value

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Scott,

One more thing.  Can you help me understand the real time rules and whether it might work for a CTA rule that I have?

Thanks,

Rhonda

Badge +2

I can’t seem to get the Associated Records to add Call To Action in the General Settings or in the Timeline Activities, I’ve referred to the user guide and Slack SF Admin group and have a support ticket open but no joy yet.

Badge

Hey Scott - Need help to ensure that an ACV Total shows $0 instead of Null when there is no value.

Hi Scott,

Wanting help with updating a GS field in leads. It’s a yes/no dropdown and is not letting me save as the field isn’t present in SFDC.

Thanks! 

Hi Scott,

Thanks again for you help Tuesday on report building within the unified scorecard fact.

With regard to being able to use the Global Filter within home, is there any way to create a single filter that looks for the current user across multiple fields?

For example, we have some hybrid Renewal Rep/CSMs - I would want them to be able to see all the accounts where they are assigned as the Renewal Rep and/or the CSM using just 1 filter against ‘Current User’ at the top of the home page - I don’t think this is possible, but wanted to check.

We are trying to simplify the home page and don't want users to have to select from a bunch of filters across the top. To keep it clean, we are thinking to assign different home page views by user roles.

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi Scott, Is there any way to Pin certain tabs on a C360 Layout so that only those tabs Show, and the rest are Hidden but still accessible? Me and my Team have been trying to work towards this issue and can’t come to a conclusion. Every time we add new Tabs to a C360 Layout, the order is either altered or the Tabs that should be Default are hidden and the new Tab created takes its place. 

Hi Scott,

I’m trying to figure out the best way to handle broker contacts and their relationships to the companies they represent. We leverage a custom “Partner Contact” object in SFDC. Wondering how you or other GS customers you’ve worked with have configured this.

I’m thinking I would create records in the Person object, and then map via Company Person to the companies they represent. 

One problem I’m encountering is when CSMs log emails to Timeline, the broker contact is associated with many accounts and the Timeline Activity rarely maps to the correct account.

Thank you,

Wyatt

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @rho_ran_experian -- did a little digging in on a delayed publishing for the setup you showed during the session.

Although there isn’t an easy way to set this for delayed publishing without Participants already in there, this is what you would do:

• While in Draft mode, get a participants or two into the list, even if you have to tweak the query to do it as a 1-off.
  • Set them to “KNOCKED_OFF” status.  This will allow you to publish the JO without those participants getting the email in mid-january or whenever you want this to launch.
  • Remember to change back the query to what you need if you tweaked it to get some participants above. (search for answers since yesterday in your case) -- I’ve forgotten to do this when filtering rules to de-bug something and it’s a painful lesson.
  • Set your Query schedule to start running the day before your Survey send.  When it starts running, it wont return any participants, but that’s fine - it’s now looking for them each day.  Set it to run for when you want the notification mailing to go out every day.
  • Then, Publish the Program for “Delayed” for the day of the survey send -- but for some time before you have scheduled the query.
    • It won’t send the Participants you have in there since you’ve already set them to Knocked Off.
    • When the Query runs a few hours later, emails will go out based on any responses that have come in, and it’ll just run daily from there!

Yeah, it’s a lot of work to get this set to launch in mid-January without you doing anything else - and I’ve raised that with Product.

Alternatively, until there is a better way, it might just be easier to leave it in Draft mode and then set a reminder in your calendar for the day after the survey goes out to clear out the earlier participants you pulled in while testing and start fresh, then Publish.  The issue is that if there aren’t any “Yes” responses that day, you have to keep running it while in Draft mode until you get one, so my steps above may be the better way for this particular use case (meaning, not necessarily expecting a qualifying response in the first day or two from the survey).

I’ll let you know if I hear anything better back from Product - hopefully this helps!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @saracaflisch -- quick follow-up on CSQL-to-Opportunity functionality -- it is slated for release during the 1st half of next year - probably closer to 1st quarter, but early enough in development cycle that there are no guarantees that we might hit a snag that takes longer than expected to solve.

The good news, though, is that it’s underway!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks so much for digging into that Scott.  I appreciate the recommendation.  

Rhonda