US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 12/02/21 - 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 1 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Happy December everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Thursday Admin Office Hours session on Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Thursday, December 2, 2021 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/253252739?pwd=RHl3ekk0RGN0ZFR3TmRkK1Zldks0QT09

Meeting ID: 253 252 739

Password: 864010

Dial by your location

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

888 475 4499 US Toll-free

877 853 5257 US Toll-free

Find your local number: https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/aQSPx2jXO

6 replies

Badge +1

Hi Scott!

I’d love to talk through the possibility of (1) creating a CTA when a task in Salesforce is assigned to a CSM and (2) whether we can have Gainsight automatically close/update the task in Salesforce as part of that rule, to prevent the CSM from having to go back into SF to close the task manually. 

Additionally, if you have any other ideas for tracking changes to the CTA owner field (per Tuesday’s post), I would love to hear them! However if there aren’t any clean workarounds, we can skip this topic for tomorrow. 

Thank you so much!

Badge

Hello Scott, 

A user is no longer a CSM, I have removed her from the Company CSM she still has some CTAs assigned, looking for the best way to update CTA owner as well to different CSMs. 

I also updated a CSV file with participants in my JO and they are not showing can’t figure out why. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Scott,

Is there a way to grant permissions to a specific report in a dashboard? I’m pretty sure there is an looking into it now but flagging here for tomorrow’s session in case I can’t figure it out.

Thank you!

-Jen

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

HI Scott, I’d like to discuss fetching a comment field from a survey inside a program. I need to filter on whether or not the comment has been filled out, and potentially use that comment in an email to the participant. thanks!

Badge

Hi there, 

I’d like to understand if there’s a way we can prevent CSMs in one country from seeing any accounts in Gainsight that are outside that country. For example, CSMs in China should not be able to see, look up, or find accounts in Gainsight that don’t have China as the billing country. I know we can accomplish most of this with dashboards & CTA views, but how can we prevent this in the global search?

Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Scott,

Is there a way to grant permissions to a specific report in a dashboard? I’m pretty sure there is an looking into it now but flagging here for tomorrow’s session in case I can’t figure it out.

Thank you!

-Jen

@sdrostgainsightcom Added the report to it’s own dashboard as it looks like permissions can only be set at the dashboard level which I did but it’s not working. I can only join the last 30 minutes of the call but will hop on at 30.