US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 10/31/19, 11 am PST - Pre-session Thread

• 28 October 2019
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone! This thread is for our Thursday Admin Office Hours session, which will be held this coming Thursday, Oct. 31, 2019 at 11 am PT / Noon MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET. 

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you Thursday!

Conference Details (GoTo Meeting):

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/493151677

You can also dial in using your phone.

United States: +1 (872) 240-3412

Access Code: 493-151-677

13 replies

Badge +4

Hi Scott, 

My team and I are re-amping our scorecard measures. I want to explore the possibility of using NPS’s survey question as a scorecard measure. Do you know if this is possible? If so, can you direct me to the right data source to use? 

Thank you in advance. 

Hi Scott!

I’m trying to create an internal notification email program based off an initial external email program, where an email gets sent to the user every time there’s an action from the recipient (Email Open, Link Clicks) on the first external email that’s being sent.

• Would Email Logs or AO Emails be best to use here?
  • How would I make sure every link is also being recorded (more than one link in an email)?
  • How to filter for that link in the internal email program?

Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Linked Objects - we have a new team who will only have Gainsight Viewer licenses and want the ability to have Gainsight CTAs 1) create a new SFDC Case, or 2) create a Task/Activity on another SFDC Object (Mobile Apps in this case). 

I’ve reviewed a couple videos on Linked Objects via the Community along with the Support documentation, and I’m not clear whether the linking functionality supports either use case. 

Would like guidance to clarify my understanding of how it works.

Thanks!

JJ

Hi there! Two questions for me. 

1. NPS - How can I adjust my program so that I can check to see if a participant responded before a reminder email is sent? (Screenshot of existing program below)
  2. CTA - Can you talk me through how to set this up based on the NPS answer given in the survey?

Thanks,

Clare

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

we need help with a projects survey

Badge +2

Hi Scott! I have a question on configing at the R-level. I’m looking to populate my renewal dates at the R-level. 

Badge

I have a few questions regarding a couple different areas:

1. Power list is not exporting with the contact name or account name -- the view history shows it but the export does not.
  2. When in a program and an email template -- it won’t let me add a survey
  3. Surveys are disappearing when I am duplicating them
Badge +4

Hi @sdrostgainsightcom 

When you get a chance, can you please post the recording on this thread? Thank you in advance. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Apologies for the delay, @jnguyen3 -- I was using a colleagues GoToMeeting that day and need to get the link from him.  He’s out of town, but I’ll post, along with follow-up answers, as soon as I get it from him.

Badge +4

No worries, thank you for the heads up.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello all - link to recording of last Thursday's Office Hours session:

https://transcripts.gotomeeting.com/#/s/82a87a2ec420d7db9f0a3034739c47d0a95e4f2e758f875204a62147576a9b21

I’ll be following up with some information later today on some questions we left open during the session.

Thank you for the patience!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Posting a follow-up for @ashcha here: you wanted to know where the individual link clicks and other activities were housed in MDA (for reporting or triggering internal notifications based on activities).=

See my screenshot below - Email Raw Events is the name of the object in MDA that stores each event as it happens (the “Event” field specifies Open, or Click, or Bounce, etc.).  For Click events, the link that was clicked is shown in the “Clicked URL” field.

You can use this to check on specific links, etc, to tailor the reaction: internal email? CTA? -- you can also just put a report  on a dashboard showing activity over the last 7 days or something similar.

PLEASE NOTE: at this detail level, there aren’t any joins to the Company table - although the Customer Name and the SFDC IDs are in this table, it is such a high-volume table that we don’t join it to Company.

This means you can’t globally filter by, say, CSM on it.  However, for driving action based on the customer, it will work for you.

Hope that helps!

Sample report I created to find multiple clicks (I then used the popup on the columns to find out the link name, etc.)

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Although this is specifically for @mila_tchistiak , my colleague wrote a great step-by-step for setting up the URL that your Surveys will “live” on in Survey 2.0.

It’s rich with links to the details in the Knowledge Base -- but it puts everything in the order that you have to do it when setting up the first time (something that can be hard to figure out in the documentation).

Some of the important highlights to be aware of when setting up Surveys 2.0 for the first time:

• You are setting up a main landing page (domain) where each survey lives.  This is the web page name someone goes to when they click through a link to take your survey.
  • You have 2 options, basically: 
    • Create a subdomain name on gainsightcloud.com -- you can pick a name like “oursurveys” or some other “home” subdomain for your surveys and users will land on oursurveys.gainsightcloud.com when they take a survey.
    • Create a custom domain that’s mapped to your company’s custom domain.  This is where you will need to hand off the documentation to your IT team so they can provide the info you need to set this up.  The specific documentation is here for this process.  This is more work, but only needs to be done once and is often required by IT depts.
  • Once you have set up the Domain/sub-domain, follow the step-by-step at the below link for setting up at least 1 “page” on your domain where Surveys can live - multiple pages that hold other content can be set up here as well and then bundled together as a Site -- but you need to at least create a single, generic page for the surveys to live on.

Hope this gets you pointed in the right direction, Mila (and any others working on setting up Surveys 2.0)!

Step-by-Step Survey 2.0 Domain and Page Setup