US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 10/06/22 - 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 6 October 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Thursday Admin Office Hours session today, Thursday, October 6, 2022 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Thursday, October 6, 2022 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/95165805521?pwd=c1k1SUZvTExZTFNVTDJEc3RpQzA1UT09

Meeting ID: 951 6580 5521

Passcode: 847345

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/aeHxu8PlmL

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Scott,

I have a 3 questions that are all related to what happens if…

1. What are the downstream effects of changing the name of an MDA?  Do the changes get reflected in report builder, Data Designer and Connector jobs, etc. where that MDA is used?
  2. What are the downstream effects of changing a field Name in an MDA?
  3. I have a few fields that are no longer being used in SF object.  This SF object data is populating an MDA via a SF Connector job.  What is best practice for dealing with this?  My preference would be to remove those fields from the MDA so there isn’t confusion with reporting.  This is a new SF object and GS MDA so we aren’t using it live yet.  The fields may be in test reports and a couple of rules. 

Thanks,

Rhonda

Badge

Hi Scott, 

1. I have a question about the participants that fail to get into the program. I have noticed that some participants will fail with the error “Participant with unique criteria already exists” even if the participant is not in the entered the program list for the same day.
  1. Also trying to find a way to limit the records a rule updates for a customer scorecard measure. 

Hi Scott,

I’m wanting to brainstorm ideas for how to better portray “At-Risk” accounts in SF for non Gainsight users. Ideally, it would be something eye catching at the top of the account’s main page in SF - for example, a red bar alerting the viewer to the account’s at-risk status along with supporting notes, users involved, etc. Open to your ideas/ suggestions! 

Thanks in advance,

Sara

Badge +3

Hi Scott, 

Got some questions about the New 360. ​​​​​​

1. Am I able to activate the beta layout for a small subset of users while keeping the Old 360 layout for everyone else? Based on when we spoke, the answer for this seems to be No.
  2. Do we have the ability to track who has turned on the new UI if we activated it  (this is assuming the beta applies to everyone right away
  3. Does the “Enable preview for end users” button extend to every user or would enabling the button work for just a small amount of ppl.

Thanks, 

Jack

Badge

Hey Scott - I have a question about account and contact updates via Rules Engine.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @rho_ran_experian -- wanted to give you the link to the first 15 min or so of the session yesterday where we went over options & implications of changing field names, object names, and/or prepping to delete fields from objects in Gainsight.

Hope it’s useful as reference!

https://us-30749.app.gong.io/e/c-share/?tkn=u27rfrn22i3r139r3q9sv5jg7

Scott

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Sorry you had to drop off before we could discuss your question @saracaflisch 

However, I think I can at least give you a direction to go in:  it would be your Salesforce admin/dev team that would create some sort of banner or flag at the top of an Account page to refect its at-risk status in Gainsight - some sort of custom layout code (been a long time since I’ve been an SFDC Admin, so can’t really speak to the options).

Your SFDC team would set it up to trigger from a field that they add to your Account object in Salesforce - a checkbox field, maybe, named “At Risk per Gainsight”, or a Risk Level picklist or something - you may already have a field that carries this info - and then you have a number of options for keeping that field update either daily, multiple times a day, or real-time as it is changed in Gainsight.

Hope that helps - drop a line with follow-up questions here in the thread or jump on the Tuesday session and we can talk further - but the bottom line is that changing how Account is displayed to your SFDC users is something the SFDC team would set up since Gainsight resides outside of SFDC - you just have to push the “risk status” or similar value to a field they designate in Salesforce.

Best,

Scott

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks for posting the video Scott.  I appreciate it!

Rhonda