US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 07/15/21 - 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 15 July 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Thursday Admin Office Hours session on Thursday, July 15, 2021 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Thursday, July 15, 2021 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/253252739?pwd=RHl3ekk0RGN0ZFR3TmRkK1Zldks0QT09

Meeting ID: 253 252 739

Password: 864010

Dial by your location

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

888 475 4499 US Toll-free

877 853 5257 US Toll-free

Find your local number: https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/aQSPx2jXO

9 replies

Badge

Hi Scott,

I have a question on data merges for Account and Relationships.

Badge

Hello,

We are new to Gainsight, so still learning.  We have a Customer Sign-off field on the Success Plan that we want to filter from the account contacts list rather than the entire list of contacts in the system.  How do we do that?

Hello! 

I’m looking for help with formatting a report:

• conditional formatting to make health scores (red/yellow/green) the corresponding color when they’re downloaded into a .ppt
  • Formatting downloaded .ppts into our org’s brand colors
  • I’ll probably have some questions about getting the right data into the report as well.

Thanks,

Olivia

Badge

We have emails being sent to customers thru JO.  When the customer’s receive the email, the hyperlinks are being changed (by Gainsight, I assume) to a much longer URL, which is causing an error for many customers trying to click on it.  Is there anyway to avoid that?  @greg_dutson 

Badge

Hello Scott, 

Just wanted to discuss some of the available options I’m looking to track change history on such as Scorecards, etc. 

Hello Scott, 

Thank you for your support during the admin hour session. I wanted to know how I can be able to use the data designer to create a report that can allow me to filter for null fields. 

Thank you. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @olivia.cerf -- just a quick note about finding the Company object when setting Custom Colors -- I had to clear the cache in my browser (I was on Firefox) and then it showed up after I’d refreshed the browser session.

Not sure why we would have had the same cache conflict, but Gainsight does a lot of caching to try to render lists of objects or other dropdowns, etc. more quickly throughout, and sometimes that can get clogged up, more or less.

Let me know if that helps you set colors for certain field values on your company object!  Then I’ll go looking for the Snapshots tutorial & documentation I was talking about and post as a follow-up.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Here’s the follow-up @olivia.cerf with links to Success Snapshot documentation.  Remember that the documentation assumes you are setting this up to be run from a specific C360 and that you are filtering the reports for that customer.

However, you don’t have to check the “Filter by Customer” checkbox, so you can set up a slide deck template that only has reports on slides that you aren’t filtering for a customer and it will work just fine.

The weird part is that you’ll have to run this from a C360.  Any C360.  But I know other Gainsight customer are doing this, and there will be a future where you can set up a general template for your type of use case.

Hope that helps!

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/07360/01About/Overview_of_Success_Snapshot

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/07360/02Admin_Guides/Configure_Success_Snapshot_Template

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Haven’t forgotten your open questions @cmello7339 and @Mary -- wasn’t able to get the quick solution I’d hoped for, so I’ll have to post the follow up tomorrow after setting up samples in my Dev org so I can provide some screenshots (both for the Associate Person on a Success Plan, and the Data Designer setup).

Best,

Scott