US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 07/02/20 - 11 a.m. PT - Pre-session Thread

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Thursday Admin Office Hours session on Thursday, July 2, 2020 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Thursday, July 2, 2020 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/253252739?pwd=RHl3ekk0RGN0ZFR3TmRkK1Zldks0QT09

Meeting ID: 253 252 739

Password: 864010

One tap mobile

+13126266799,,253252739#,,1#,864010# US (Chicago)

+16468769923,,253252739#,,1#,864010# US (New York)

Dial by your location

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

888 475 4499 US Toll-free

877 853 5257 US Toll-free

Find your local number: https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/aQSPx2jXO

14 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hey Scott - I need some help reviewing a power list in JO

Badge +2

Hi Scott! Now that we have our usage data synced, I’m looking to connect this to the Person object, and display this on C360 layout, what’s the best way to do this? I have my usage data with a lookup to Company and my usage data contains end user identifiers. I’ve briefly reviewed the Adoption Explorer feature, which looks great but might be more than we need and looks difficult to configure. Would love some guidance here. Thanks!

Also, do we have an update on the relationship person job availability in Connectors 2.0?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Scott,

the +person in my success plans never returns any results?  A couple questions, what is this used for?  Also, is there something we need to enable?  Also, can a CTA launch a CTA?  For instance, if I have a QBR CTA and the CSM completes it, can the completion of that QBR CTA Trigger a Success Plan CTA?  Thank you.

Reposting, thank you!

Scorecards: Would like to review exceptions to scorecard rules and how they apply generally.  We have an exception setup which appears to override the score on the scorecard in the C360 but isn’t showing the override in a report on our dashboard.  Why is the report different and can I apply the exception to reports?

Scorecards: Also, rule chains.  Best practices for using them.  Should you use them for the entire scorecard or groups within scorecards for the most flexibility? 

Dashboard/report: I have scorecards that are green (update daily) but my dashboards and reports show only red and yellow scores.  I’m not sure why my reports and dashboards are not updating to show the appropriate score label; I’m using an Account report type and the Current Score Label field.  Ideas?  I’d prefer not to share screens and reveal client names and data generally so hopefully this is enough information.  

JO: Will you confirm that if I update the sources in a program to “Add all the participants in the query builder to access later’” it will allow current participants to continue the journey but will stop adding new participants to the journey?  I want to retire this journey and rollout an updated one given the limited ability to make modifications. Is there a better way to do this?

Data Designer: How do you test calculated fields or another other than creating a dataset? I would like to use for testing scorecard rules.  Is this a possible use case for this functionality?

Hi Scott,

I am in the process of rolling out the company/business intelligence feature to my team. I wanted to discuss best practices for creating a CTA from slack notifications. Will CSMs be able to use CTA and playbooks that are already live?

Badge

Hi, I have two measures in a group in a scorecard. Both measures have a 0% weighting as they exist to provide exceptions in differing circumstances.

• Measure 1 is set when a Timeline entry is in place.
  • Measure 2 is set based on a Salesforce triggering event.

I would like to have Measure 1 only set the scorecard when Measure 2 is NOT set. My process of doing this is to have a rule which checks a scorecard MDA object to check the current score of Measure 2. The issue that I’m running into is that the Unified Scorecard Object and the Account Scorecard History do not have an entry that I can use to view the current score for Measure 2. What object might display the up-to-the moment score or at least a score within the last day?

Question about NPS Surveys 

Badge

Need help troubleshooting our failed connectors

Thanks!

Hi Scott!  I hope you enjoyed the extended holiday weekend. Where will I be able to access the recording for this session?  I’m looking to update my scorecard rules as you demonstrated. Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @amy_perrin -- thanks for the reminder - here’s the link to the recording:

https://app.gong.io/e/c-share/?tkn=1ujochi8jyn0bb2uik3xpgy8n

Badge

Hi @sdrostgainsightcom, did you find any more info on how we can show success plan objectives under normal CTAs in NXT?

@sdrostgainsightcom we were not able to get to my question during the office hours. please see below. I was hoping you had some follow up? 

I am in the process of rolling out the company/business intelligence feature to my team. I wanted to discuss best practices for creating a CTA from slack notifications. Will CSMs be able to use CTA and playbooks that are already live?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @carissa curtis  - I will make sure I’ve dug into this before the coming Thursday’s office hours if you can join then - I have a feeling that a generic answer won’t help much vs. seeing exactly what it is that you’re looking to do.
Alternatively, my colleague Spencer is holding the Tuesday session here if you can post your question there and then jump on (not a crowded thread

https://community.gainsight.com/events-office-hours-8/us-admin-office-hours-tuesday-session-7-14-20-1-p-m-pst-pre-session-thread-38574

One way or another we should be able to get you some answers - thanks for the ping - with the long weekend following that very busy 7/2 session, I wasn’t able to circle back on some of these responses.
Best,

Scott

Hi @sdrostgainsightcom  I believe I am all set now. I can create a CTA for company intelligence notifications in slack and then add a playbook to the CTA after. It does not appear we can add a playbook when creating the CTA from slack initially which would be a great future enhancement.