US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 06/23/22 - 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET - Pre-session Thread

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Thursday Admin Office Hours session on Thursday, June 23, 2022 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Thursday, June 23, 2022 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/253252739?pwd=RHl3ekk0RGN0ZFR3TmRkK1Zldks0QT09

Meeting ID: 253 252 739

Password: 864010

Dial by your location

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)

+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

888 475 4499 US Toll-free

877 853 5257 US Toll-free

Find your local number: https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/aQSPx2jXO

8 replies

Hey Scott! Hoping to take a look at usage from SFDC, and segmentation 

Badge +1

Hi Scott - I have a few questions on testing I’m doing around GS Home (global filters and calendar integration). Not sure if the oddities I’m seeing are due to being in sandbox or not so I wanted to do a quick review! Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Scott - I have questions on related contacts and person/company person strategy as our org moves to company person in our nxt environment.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi, 

I wanted to check in before making some changes to one of our multi-email journeys — we’re looking to reduce the length of some of the wait steps, and I would like to confirm when the wait step in the journey would be evaluated if we paused the program to make edits before re-publishing.

Ex: if someone is currently in the program, and they’re on a step that currently has a 7 day wait period, and we change it to 3 days, would it speed up whichever step they are currently on, before proceeding to the next step?

We want to make sure that if someone was currently waiting 7 days, and then would be waiting another 7 days, that if we change both of those steps to 3 days, it would decrease the amount of whichever step they were currently on, and then would follow the rest of the revised program, so that they don’t suddenly receive two emails in quick succession, and still experience a delay between the two steps (just a shorter one).

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

One other question -- apologies for posting separately, but figured it’d be easier to respond separately on these.

If we want to exclude participants from other AO programs (ex: cloned a program, made changes to the journey or email templates, and publishing a new version), what is our best route short of exporting the participant list from the old program(s) and excluding via CSV?

Situation -- we had two programs running, will be consolidating our messaging to one program with two email variants. We want to stop the old programs, and exclude participants who were in either of the old programs so they don’t run through the new program. Is there a specific field I should be looking for that would identify those participants? And if so, how would I go about including that in the query for the new program? Any documentation you could share would be greatly appreciated.

Badge

Hey Scott - Need help with user field settings. I noticed that lookups for filters were not coming up and I believe this is due to certain user field settings.

Hello,

I am having issue with blanks in a report I run for duration minutes. I double check the timeline entries and there are company’s attached to the entries, but do not come up when I run the report.

Also, I want to track duration minutes from CTAs… is it better to track by CTA or by the tasks within the CTA?

Thank you,

August Campbell

Aspire Technology Partners

acampbell@aspiretransforms.com

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Wow!  May not be able to get to my question but will throw it in… 

When I have a report that is built on a SalesForce object and I add it to the C360 as a Reports section, there is an “Add Record” button showing up.  Not sure how that is configured, or if it is just automatic based on the user’s rights?  In one of my scenarios of this, if I do the Add Record option, the account ID is not passed to the resulting form, and errors out because the account is not provided when I try to save.  If I change the report auto-filter in the C360 config to be “Account ID” instead of “Account (lookup), the field to provide select the account now shows up in the form, but again is not auto-populated.  Not sure if I even can control how this works, or if it is a SalesForce thing.