US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 05/04/23 - 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET - Pre-session Thread

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

Apologies for the late post for today’s Admin Office Hours, but here it is:

This thread is for our upcoming Thursday Admin Office Hours session on Thursday, May 4, 2023 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Thursday, May 4, 2023 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/98240490183?pwd=NUsxRUplVjFOdDRKQ1BJV0NSMTJXQT09

Meeting ID: 982 4049 0183

Passcode: 966630

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number: 

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/adeoYGd3BA

10 replies

Various questions on different topics:

1. Reporting: How to determine if a Timeline Activity has any attachments?
  2. JO: How to dynamically add instance URL (PROD vs. Sandbox) to deep link in email?
  3. JO: How to add dynamic token to email subject line?
  4. JO: Design brainstorm – I want to alert any of 1-4 team members when they are assigned an account
    1. “Brand New Account” is easy based on Created Date, already have it working
    2. “Update Existing Account” not so easy, this is where I need help
    3. Option 1: Audit Log w/ real time rules
    4. Option 2: Event framework needs to be enabled – gotchas? Unintended side effects of enabling?
    5. Other options?
Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hello!

I was looking to send a notification to a generic support email address when a customer meets certain criteria utilizing a JO.

I think I know how to do this, but I would love to ‘talk it out’ breifly.

Best,

Ben Wanless

Badge

Hey Scott - Have a question about a Gainsight object that is fed via BigQuery data.

Best,

Alex

Badge

Hello! I’d like to know if it’s possible to count an Associated Record towards the associated account’s Timeline. For example, we have an Engagement Measure on a scorecard and it’s not currently counting associated records towards Timeline entries.

Thanks!

Melissa

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I am attempting to set up some logic to have the task close dates match the due date fields in Objective CTAs (Gantt chart view looks off with the due date being past the closed date on each task and thus is less valuable) and I think we will need to do this with an API.  Would love some help getting started or hear any other recommendations you might have!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I am attempting to set up some logic to have the task close dates match the due date fields in Objective CTAs (Gantt chart view looks off with the due date being past the closed date on each task and thus is less valuable) and I think we will need to do this with an API.  Would love some help getting started or hear any other recommendations you might have!

Scott, I just emailed you about this.  Everything *looks* like it works, but the due date doesn’t actually update. Didn’t want to add the API response to the Community thread, but it’s in your email.  Thanks for any help!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @angela_domenichelli -- I have a morning call and then I will check on my side for something.

In the meantime, try changing an open Task due date to see if it allows that - I’m wondering if there might not be a validation on the table that doesn’t allow the due date to be changed after the task is closed?  I don’t think so, but want to see if this works for any field, basically, to figure out if the issue is the mapping/update of the Due Date field, or if it is an issue with the External Action overall . . . 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @angela_domenichelli -- I have a morning call and then I will check on my side for something.

In the meantime, try changing an open Task due date to see if it allows that - I’m wondering if there might not be a validation on the table that doesn’t allow the due date to be changed after the task is closed?  I don’t think so, but want to see if this works for any field, basically, to figure out if the issue is the mapping/update of the Due Date field, or if it is an issue with the External Action overall . . . 

It did work for an open Task.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Well rats.  Sounds like there’s a lock to avoid inadvertent Due Date updates to already-closed tasks - have to circle back for a look - in the meantime, open a ticket since you might get confirmation of that logic and an option via that route faster than I figure one out . . . but I will let you know @angela_domenichelli 

Badge

Hi @sdrostgainsightcom - Were you able to find the documentation on creating a Rich Text hyperlink field?