US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 02/9/23 - 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET - Pre-session Thread

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Thursday Admin Office Hours session on Thursday, February 9, 2023 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Thursday, February 9, 2023 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/93210223297?pwd=SGMvb0ZOVVRpclVTdTdTVzR1c040QT09

Meeting ID: 932 1022 3297

Passcode: 885599

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number: 

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/aebWfptbBg

13 replies

Hey Scott, 

Looking to sync SFDC cases to GS need some guidance on the connector, thanks as always man!

Hi Scott, 

I have two questions around scorecards I’m hoping we can address: 

• We noticed that scorecards were still being calculated for churned customers, despite a filter being put on for Active customers only. After contacting Gainsight support, I learned that a scorecard will be applied to every account no matter what, so even if a filter excludes a type of account, if there is nothing else to apply to it, the default scorecard will still be applied. Do you have a recommendation for how to set up a scorecard for churned customers, so that nothing is calculated?
  • We have two different types of licenses our customers can buy, so we have a different scorecard for each. When trying to build a scorecard report with all customers to renew this year, it seems we can’t group it by date (Q1, Q2, etc.)- do we need to create two separate reports since we have two different scorecards?

Thanks!

Hi Scott,

I am trying to put together a couple of reports.  I am trying to build a report that will show Week over Week which accounts have moved to red from the previous week.  The second report would be a report that would show a Week over Week which Risk CTAs have been resolved (closed non responsive and closed success).

Thanks

Hi Scott,  We have related lists that are copying over in triplicate.  Aslo, it appears that we have timeline entries automatically creating objective CTAs.  Can you help trouble shoot.

Hi Scott, one of our rules for YTD Onboarding Duration is not populating any data. We need to understand why that is happening?

Badge

Hi Scott, we are trying to build a program for an implementation survey and having trouble with the entry criteria to the program where it says there are no participants. Would love your help making sure we set up the Participant’s configuration correctly. 

Hi Scott! I’m wanting to create a field that lives on the CTA called “LOB” that automatically pulls in the line of business of the author(as denoted in their user) of the CTA. Looking for guidance on how to start, thank you! 

Hi Scott,

Question regarding Automatic Milestones and the new C360 Customer Journey view. I’m wondering why certain company-level fields aren’t able to be set as automatic milestones. What’s going on there?

Thank you,

Wyatt

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @wyattfarino -- sorry we couldn’t get through the list of questions yesterday -- can you give me a field or two as an example (the field name if it is one of the out-of-box fields on the Company object, or if it is a custom object, the field type?) and I can double-check the reasoning and/or issue?

Let me know - thanks!

scott

@sdrostgainsightcom I appreciate you following up. It is not an out-of-the-box field, but it is on the Company object.

• We have this boolean field, “Launched.” It simply tracks whether the customer has completed the onboarding process and users have access to our app. It’s obviously an important date to mark for many reasons.
  • If I wanted to track Executive Business Reviews on the Customer Journey timeline in the new C360, would I leverage the Rules Engine to log an “EBR” milestone?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello Wyatt -- 

Did a little digging and here’s the answers:

• For custom-created Automated Milestones, Boolean fields are not enabled for this feature.  However, Dropdown fields are (along with any type of Numeric/Currency field and any Lookup field).   
    • It will be a pain to change around, but I’d recommend creating a Dropdown List with just “Yes” and “No” options and then create a “Launched” field using this dropdown rather than a Boolean.
    • When you create the new Launched field on Company, use a 1-time rule to make all “True” values on the Boolean field “Yes” for the dropdown.
    • Then you can create your Milestone.
    • IF THE BOOLEAN is already embedded in a huge stack of rules and reports and you want to get this set up more quickly, leave a rule in place to update the Dropdown Yes/No from the Boolean each night so you still get your Milestone (or if there’s a rule that is already setting the Boolean to True, just have it ALSO set the new dropdown to Yes).  Then you can swap out at your leisure.
    • Needless to say, adding an internal request to update the documentation to note that only Dropdowns, Numeric/Currency, and Lookup fields can be configured as auto-milestones.

• For the EBR milestone, you are exactly right - check for a new EBRs each night with Rules engine and then create the milestone.

Hope that takes care of it for you - wish there was an easier answer on the Boolean-sourced Auto Milestone, but at least there is a solution.

Have a great weekend!

Scott

Hi Scott - are the recordings from office hours made available? I want to make sure I’m following the steps to set up the scorecard just as we reviewed them. Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @courtneyedes -- the full recordings are not made available as the attendees are occasionally sharing screens/configurations that will show some customer data, etc. and we want admins to be comfortable with working through config issues during the sessions.

I am able to share snips of the recording for “your” part of the discussion when requested, but am having some issues with the application where we store and can share selected clips, so it may be another day or 2 before I can get that to you.  Apologies for the delay!