US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 02/16/23 - 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 15 February 2023
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Thursday Admin Office Hours session on Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/93210223297?pwd=SGMvb0ZOVVRpclVTdTdTVzR1c040QT09

Meeting ID: 932 1022 3297

Passcode: 885599

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number: 

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/aebWfptbBg

17 replies

Hey Scott!

You helped me build a data designer about 2 months ago that summed ‘activity points’ that were being marked inside a timeline entry, but I’m having some issues w/ that same build as it’s not keeping track of those points correctly, would love to check it out and seeing what might be wrong with it. Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Scott,

I’m trying to find a work around way to report on email template usage.  The Email Logs V2  obj doesn’t include GS Assist plugin uses of a template. My teamuses plugin templates extensively, so I want to see plugin usage as well. 

I thought I might be able to use DD to combine Activity Attendee obj with Email Logs V2 obj to match up the subject of the email activity to the template.  It’s not working so well.

Curious to see what other ideas you might suggest.  Or perhaps you can help me with the DD I’ve created.  

Thanks,

Rhonda

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Scott, I’d like to finish our conversation about rule that moves Company Contacts to Relationship Contacts. Thanks!

Badge

Hi Scott, 

I have a question regarding new C360 beta, in the new C360 view, we have an ALL and a Rocket Products section. Can we remove ALL from the view?

Also a question related to a JO program query.  

Hi Scott, 

First timer here. I’m trying to sort out this issue regarding my inability to get period-over-period comparison working properly. 

Looking for recommendations on getting this working.  Thanks

Badge

Hey Scott - Need help confirming my Success Plan Status Field Tracker is set up correctly.

Hi Scott, 
Carrying over from Tuesday, since we ran out of time. 

I have a relationship question, too: I am moving an external NPS survey (and other health measures) from Company to a Product Relationship. The current survey was set up by an implementation contractor, so I am not certain how it was done, other than it clearly is external and not PX or Survey Monkey. (We are importing the data from Appcues via Heap ==> Snowflake and writing to a custom object.)
I do understand how the current rule that writes to it works (have revised it myself), and I have a draft rule for writing to the new Relationship survey. But I can’t seem to set that survey up correctly. 
I do have a Relationship with Type = Product set up and some test records to play with. 

Alicia

Badge

Hi Scott,

Working on revamping Health Scores, and we want to include a measure group that has measures based on the Company Person object (i.e. if field contains value A, B, or C, then measure is green; if not, measure is red). Do you think that will work when I build the rules? I imagine I can do a merge, but just wanted to check with the master before I get too deep.

Thank you!

Coming back from Tuesday::

Hi Scott! I am looking for some guidance on how to build a CTA when there is a score change/decrease from the Fall to Spring survey. Our spring survey launches in April but I am not sure if we can build it yet since the survey ID is not created but I would like to build the steps now. Thanks for your help! 

Deja

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Need some insight on the object: Activity Associated records 2 years.  It is not finding Timeline Activities logged on CTAs.  I need Company details in the fetch, so I am using the resolve as 

Is there a way to view all Timeline Activities and all Companies they are associated to in a single dataset?  Or do I need to build the dataset?

*Note, I have a conflict during Office Hours today, but I am hoping maybe @sdrostgainsightcom can point me in the right direction in this thread.  Thank you!

Scott, I’ll post a follow-up question or two. Your response might help me make a little headway between now and Tuesday. 

If I want to create a new NPS survey from an external source that isn’t Survey Monkey or PX, do I want to use the CSV import? I tried this, but didn’t get it quite right, seemingly. The data is already written to a custom object in Gainsight, but I don’t see an option to “Import from Gainsight object.” In the documentation on Relationship Surveys, there is an Import from External Source, but that seems to have moved to the NPS Analytics page.

Another struggle for me is that I want to create this as a Relationship survey, type Product. If I create a new survey as if I was going to distribute from Gainsight, I have the option to choose the Relationship type. But when I import from CSV via the NPS Analytics page, I don’t. 

Badge

Hey @sdrostgainsightcom  - Following up to our work on the Success Plan Status Tracker. Thanks so much for your help:)

Looks like the rule is populating values correctly. There was one more thing I believe you wanted to add as a separate Action to feed into a field/fields on the Success Plan object itself to easily identify when a Success Plan is moved into a particular Status. How do I add that action to my Horizon Field Tracking Rule?

-Alex

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @rho_ran_experian -- OK, I refreshed my memory on the internal discussion from the previous Office Hours about setting this up and read my internal Slack thread and of course I’d forgotten what I already knew-- the Subject Line isn’t available anywhere in the Email Logs.

Basically, you will have to use a Case Statement after fetching the Assif there are just a few Email Templates you are monitoring at the moment that they could use, you have to use a Case Statement to “assign” the Template Name info in a Data Designer.

So after your Activity fetch of Emails Activities created by the Plug-in for Outlook or Chrome (filter by Source Contains PLUGIN) -- you have to create a Case statement in a transformation to get the Template name -- sorry for the bad news.

If you look at my screenshots attached, you’ll see a report where I grabbed Template Names and Subject Lines from an Advanced Outreach report, and then started a Case statement in my DD to add a column for Template Name based on the match.

Hope this all makes sense - drop a line back with questions!

Screenshot 1:  report on AO Emails object to show the Email Template names and their associated Subject lines.  I’m assuming the same templates are being used for JOs as for the PlugIn.

For any templates that only get used by individuals via Assist and Plug-Ins, you’ll have to check the Template Subject Lines in the Email Template admin screens to get the Subject Lines and matching Template names.

Screenshot 2: starting the Case field in my Data Designer to match up the Subject Line to Template per the above report (yes, copy/paste).

Note that the Default will be “Other” assuming that there are a set of templates that you really want to know about, and then the rest can be lumped together.

OR you can make the Default the Subject Line.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Working on your filterable monthly trend report via Pivot in Data Designer at the moment @pshunt and @Alicia Fisk -- trying to iron out a couple rough spots in it but will let you know in the coming 30 min or what I’ve got and provide some screenshots.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

And continuing the “yes I’m trying to figure out an unexpected twist to the use case, will get back to you” messages, this one is for @jochle , still working out a viable suggestion for you in coming 24 hrs as my initial thought won’t fly . . . but I haven’t forgotten you

@sdrostgainsightcom thanks for your help with the filterable report--greatly appreciated. 

I re-read the import survey documentation for the third time, figured out where I went wrong, and I no longer need help with that one. 😅

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@sdrostgainsightcom thanks for digging into the data designer work around to get at GS Assist template use.  Unfortunately, I have 100+ templates and most are not used in JO so I don’t think this solution is going to scalable for us.   I can always do a one off report for a particular subject line in Timeline Activity if I have to have this metric.  Thanks again!