US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 02/13/20 - 11 a.m. PT - Pre-session Thread

• 11 February 2020
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our weekly Thursday Admin Office Hours session, which will be held this coming Thursday, Feb. 13, 2020 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (GoTo Meeting):

Thursday, Feb. 13, 2020 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/493151677

You can also dial in using your phone.

United States: +1 (872) 240-3412

Access Code: 493-151-677

12 replies

Badge

Hey @sdrostgainsightcom , is it possible to upload data without using cyberduck? Are there other S3 connectors or another way to upload large files into Gainsight?

Hi! Is there a simple way to connect two programs in journey orchestrator? If there was a simple way of importing a dynamic list of people that have completed a particular journey onto the next?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Can I connect Gainsight directly to an external SQL database, or use the API connectors to draw in data directly from a SQL source? When I initially inherited my Gainsight instance we were having to send a lot of data from SQL to .csv for ingest from the S3 bucket and I have reliability/scalebility concerns. 

Badge +2

Hi Scott! I have a question on GS Relationship vs Relationship fields. 

Badge +3

Hi Scott! Hope it’s not too late to add on to today’s office hours :)

I’ve got a couple of Programs/Query Builder questions that I was hoping you might be able to with with. 

Badge

If setting up The Gainsight widget on the Account page is SFDC - how can we set up relationships on the view? We work in relationships so want to be able to see relationships on the Account page if we give out viewer permissions

Rules not reassigning CTA’s post run

Badge +2

@sdrostgainsightcom , submitted a support ticket and you were right, just had to log out and close all windows and log back in and it worked! So there’s your half point back ;)

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello all - thank you for joining me for today’s Office Hours session - link to the recording is here:

https://app.gong.io/e/c-share/?tkn=1ri8v1yl0b7txjq1fi6213jk1

For @tony_tao and @Ricardogs18 whose questions we weren’t able to get to during the hour we had - I may be able to point you in the right direction with an abbreviated answer or two later this afternoon, and if that doesn’t get you to a resolution, post your question to the thread for Tuesday’s session when it goes up and Spencer will likely be able to help then.

Scott

@sdrostgainsightcom I totally goofed! I got everything taken care of, thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @pele -- after digging in further, it turns out that you were building out the Program correctly -- we have not yet enhanced Conditional Waits for more than just a “True/False” branch (the 3-branch wait on the NPS Program model before the “Responded” diamond is a hard-coded exception for that specific type of Program).

SO - the “Continue” flag for a condition sends people who don’t meet that condition two steps to the right of that condition, just as you were assuming .  It joins the people coming out of the “true” branch of the condition and through the step that the others skip, then everyone gets evaluated for that next step.

Makes more sense if you look at my att’d screenshot with some labels, mocking up a “Different letter for Detractor, Promoters, Neutrals” in a survey.

Drop me a line if you have questions!

Scott

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Follow-up note for @tony_tao (although you may have already figured out the answer to your question above):

On the Account widget, Relationships are automatically shown in the dropdown in the upper left corner of the widget (if there are relationships there to show).

The user can select which relationship they want to look at, and they’ll get the view set up for that Relationship on the Relationship Layout (set up by the Gainsight Admin).

Hope that helps - if you have follow-up questions, join the session tomorrow!