US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 02/02/23 - 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET - Pre-session Threa

• 1 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our upcoming Thursday Admin Office Hours session on Thursday, February 2, 2023 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Thursday, February 2, 2023 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/93210223297?pwd=SGMvb0ZOVVRpclVTdTdTVzR1c040QT09

Meeting ID: 932 1022 3297

Passcode: 885599

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number: 

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/aebWfptbBg

5 replies

Badge

Hi Scott,

I have 2 what I think are quick questions.

1. My org is renaming the relationships in Salesforce, the rules used to load the relationships uses the Name as an identifier. If I do nothing it will create all new and essentially duplicate records. I wrote a rule to update the Name on the existing Relationship record so that the existing rules will just update instead of inserting. Is this the best approach?
  2. I created a data designer job that is pulling in the correct data, but I want it to turn it into trending data. Should I replace the Data Designer and create a new object and a rule to populate the object? Or is there a better way?

Thanks,

Sean

Badge

Hi Scott, 

Wanted to take a look at a rule, confirming that the logic of it will work as I think it will. 

Badge +1

Hi Scott,

I am trying to create a Rule to copy the Gainsight Field, “Account Go Live Date” from the Account Go Live Date Object and add it as a field within the Revenue Object

The new field, Account Go Live Date, from the Revenue Object will be used within Reports etc.

Source Object:  a few fields within Accounts Go Live Date:

• Account Name
  • Aggregate Account Go Live Date
  • Aggregate Account ID
  • Aggregate OCS Office ID

Source Object: a few fields within Revenue:

• Aggregate Go Live Date (just added this field this Object since this is the field I am trying to populate - not sure if this was correct)
  • Aggregate OCSClient (equivalent to Aggregate OCS Office ID above)
  • Invoice Date
  • Revenue 

Created Rule: Admin Step 6: Pro Update Aggregate Account Go Live Date in Revenue Object

Rule Setup:

• Fetch from Revenue
  • Fetch from Aggregate Go Live Date from Acct Go Live Date
  • Merge Aggregate Go Live Date to Revenue Object

Rule Action:

• Load to Gainsight Object: Revenue
  • Operation: Update
  • Identifiers - Aggregate OCSClient and GSID

Thank you,

Di Hastings - Availity

Badge

Hey Scott - Need help with another rule to auto close old CTAs.

Also, wondering if it’s possible to configure Gainsight Sally to only show relevant data.

Hi Scott.

Can you manually change a person’s Email Opt Out from false to true?