US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 01/09/20 - 11 a.m. PT - Pre-session Thread

• 7 January 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

This thread is for our weekly Thursday Admin Office Hours session, which will be held this coming Thursday, Jan. 9, 2020 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (GoTo Meeting):

Thursday, Dec. 19, 2019 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/493151677

You can also dial in using your phone.

United States: +1 (872) 240-3412

Access Code: 493-151-677

5 replies

Can you please explain how Person vs Contact Object vs Sponsor tracking speak/write back to each other today in Gainsight and how they will work in NXT?

Today our Support Center and other internal teams look to the SF contact record as the source of truth for information about contacts within customer accounts. 

We would like to leverage people mapping, and therefore must add person into the C360. My understanding is that we currently have a rule that looks to the contact records in SF, and writes them back to the person object. Therefore can we assume that the person object will always refect accurately? Our concern with using people mapping was that there would be 2 sources of customer contact data that may have a discepency. 

What is the best practice also then for users? Should we advise our CSMS, never to update the person record in gainsight? Only to use people mapping. If a record must be updated they should continue to do it in SF contacts and so the information will cross over to person via the rule?

Lastly how does sponsor tracking work then with person object vs contact object? My understanding is that sponsor tracking will in a future state integrate with person object. Can you explain what this experience will be for a user?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

When writing a rule to calculate different support situations - I need to ensure that a certain status is excluded - waiting for fix.  So I need help to ensure that is the case with all the mergers in the rule.  Rule is Copy of Updated Set Score: Support 2 - Direct Daily.  I’ll send you my org in an email in case you can eye ball before meeting

I have another question on the healthscore writing to timeline feature that was outlined in the november release notes. This will auto release in february. Can you confirm the date?  Also can you share how we can set up a new custom activity type “Health score update” for which we can edit the rule to look to and  push our historical objective measures and their comments? We were advised that we can create an activity type of our choice rather than push the historical data to the type of “update” however i see no information on this in the release notes for set up. 

Additionally when a rule runs and pushes historical objective measures and their comments to the timeline, will the user experience be individual timeline feeds for EACH objective measure? or is there a way that we can aggregate so that we will only experience  1 timeline entry will publish for all of our objective measures and comments. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Can you please explain how Person vs Contact Object vs Sponsor tracking speak/write back to each other today in Gainsight and how they will work in NXT?

Today our Support Center and other internal teams look to the SF contact record as the source of truth for information about contacts within customer accounts. 

We would like to leverage people mapping, and therefore must add person into the C360. My understanding is that we currently have a rule that looks to the contact records in SF, and writes them back to the person object. Therefore can we assume that the person object will always refect accurately? Our concern with using people mapping was that there would be 2 sources of customer contact data that may have a discepency. 

What is the best practice also then for users? Should we advise our CSMS, never to update the person record in gainsight? Only to use people mapping. If a record must be updated they should continue to do it in SF contacts and so the information will cross over to person via the rule?

Lastly how does sponsor tracking work then with person object vs contact object? My understanding is that sponsor tracking will in a future state integrate with person object. Can you explain what this experience will be for a user?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @shiela_kern and @andorfuhrer  - I have some partial answers to your questions, along with some links to resources for more details about Sponsor Tracking in SFDC Edition vs NXT Edition.

First, the big picture: in SFDC Edition, Sponsor Tracking is largely run out of a Gainsight object named Sponsor Tracking that is added when Gainsight is installed in your SFDC instance.  It has a lookup field to the Contact object - and the only “automated” change made to a Contact is to update the title - and that only occurs when the CSM approves the change when the notification comes up.

In NXT, everything is held in the Company Persons, Persons and Sponsor Tracking object on your NXT MDA tenant.  If you want to update the Contact with new Title info on the SFDC side that the Contacts are being synced from, you could write a rule that ran each night to update the contact with the approved change to Title.

Links to details on SFDC and NXT Editions’ Sponsor Tracking here:

SFDC Edition Sponsor Tracking

NXT Edition Sponsor Tracking

As for the ability to “lock” persons in NXT so that end users can neither Add or Delete new Persons in NXT (meaning they can only add/delete Contacts in SFDC per your org rules - never in NXT via Persons): 

The Delete lockout was already in the queue, and it is slated for release at the end of this month (basically, a checkbox that the Gainsight Admin fills in when configuring Persons).

I’ve raised the request for another checkbox for locking out ability to Add as well.   The use case makes total sense to the Product team, and although they can’t yet set a date for releasing that enhancement, it shouldn’t be more than 3 - 5 months at the outside (based on the initial discussion).

Hope that helps!