Question

US Admin Office Hours - 3/28/19 - Time Change - 11 a.m. CT!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
This thread is for the Admin Office Hours session for Thursday March 28, 2019. Submit your questions to this thread and we'll address them during our session at 9am PST / 10am MST / 11am CST / 12pm EST. Please note the time change for this week.

There is no need to register for the sessions anymore. If you have a question, please post below or join the meeting. I will go in order of posts below or joining the session. Thanks!

Conference Details

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/493151677

You can also dial in using your phone.

United States: +1 (872) 240-3412

Access Code: 493-151-677

11 replies

Badge
Hey Spencer,

I've already made a support ticket for this but in case they don't have an answer for me I'll post here. I'll delete it if they do.

Similar question from last week with relation to the participant creation in a program, I've been trying to test it with some dummy emails I uploaded to the person and company person objects, and was able to populate the SFDC account ID with a merge to the company object (using an external company ID to connect the person and company records) but then when I try and sync participants it get the error "Participant Account Id not synced correctly"

I've tried messing with the query builder and checked the data in both company person object and company object, just to make sure the SFDC account IDs matched (and they do) so now I don't really know what else to do.

thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Thanks @oscarhero. I just cc'd myself on the ticket, so I'll follow along and see if there's anything I can add or come prepared with on Thursday.

Howdy friends,

I'm looking for a good way to control the number of significant digits included in a CTA name using tokenized data from MDA. I have two such tokens at the moment and all those zeroes are taking up valuable real estate.

Thanks

Hi there,

We just deployed health scores! I'd love to learn the most effective way to summarize all accounts that have had a change in health score or "trend" week over week. We are running into a lot of issues with the trend field as a filter, so I'd love to hear your suggestions!!

Also, I have to sign off before 9:30am PT - so I can always wait until the following week if we cannot get to this at the top of the hour!

Badge
Hey there,

Currently we have a CTA creation rule that creates a CTA for our CSMs to have their annual review with a customer. right now I have it running based on a "first service start date" field in salesforce if the field is =270 days in the past. However, this will only create the CTA for customers created within the last year.

As a workaround I thought about running the rule historically for all active accounts, deleting the ensuing tsunami of CTAs, and then use the recurring tick box in the actions section (so a CTA is only created every 270 days for an account), and change the filter to just "first service start" < 270 days before rule date.

I'm pretty confident this will work, I'm just worried about the tick box (since it is based on account ID, Rule ID, and action ID) so my main question I guess is what uniquely changes the rule and action IDs (like, can I make changes to the rule after and will it still work correctly or will it mess up and create another plethora of CTAs?)

I will no longer be able to attend today, so I'll postpone my question to the following week! Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Sorry you can't make it, @alison_kaprielian, but I actually just emailed you separately about this. For anyone else reading this, I'll be posting a how-to video soon about scorecard trending reports.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Dale - thanks for showing up today. As mentioned, you'll want to look into formula fields in the Rules Engine to take care of this scenario - I recommend starting with string formulas.

Hi Spencer -- Did you say you were going to add a comment or post to determine best times/dates for an additional admin OH?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Yes, @michelle_kim - here is the post: https://community.gainsight.com/conversations/second-us-admin-office-hours-session-when-should-we-schedule-5ca36d20e4b06ca235a56c5e