US Admin Office Hours - 2/7/19

• 4 February 2019
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
This thread is for the Admin Office Hours session for Thursday February 7, 2019. Submit your questions to this thread and we'll address them during our session at 11am PST / 12pm MST / 1pm CST / 2pm EST.

There is no need to register for the sessions anymore. If you have a question, please post below or join the meeting. I will go in order of posts below or joining the session. Thanks!

Conference Details

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/493151677

You can also dial in using your phone.

United States: +1 (872) 240-3412

Access Code: 493-151-677

11 replies

We do not currenly have Surveys with our portal but are looking for more information on how they workl. From what i can gather, the survey itself seems like it'll meet our needs but we're more interested in the process of sending them. I see that's done through Programs but what i can't seem to find the answer to is if we can send a survey as a reuslt of a Timeline entry or as a result of a CTA being closed. Looking forward to discussing on Thursday.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Inline Tabular reports

• How to format them within the email, specifically the column widths

• How to hide the report if results are null (currently displays No Data Available)

Badge
I'm trying to create 1. a scorecard measure on user logins 2. a CTA that fires when users do not login in two weeks.

I'm having trouble doing a calculation on users logging in as a whole in relationship not just by the user

I have four tables on which have one to many relationships. I can count, but what is a way to display or to concatenate values from the other fields where it makes sense?

I have questions around power lists and how they relate to programs.

What happens when GS admin has SFDC admin permissions revoked?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Kelly -

Thanks for joining today! As mentioned, I think your first bulletpoint will require a support ticket.

For the second one, you'll want to do the following:

• Create a bionic query that references two datasets, the first being your entire list of eligible participants and the second dataset being the data you're reporting on.

• Merge the second dataset into the first dataset. If there is no data in the second dataset, then a null value will exist in the new merged dataset.

• From there, you can do a transformation task and use a case expression, where you can create a new boolean field that says IF custsomer has usage, then mark as true. IF customer has null usage, then mark as false.

• Once you have that new boolean field created, you can use that logic to determine which email variant you want to send (e.g. don't send the usage report to customers that don't have usage).

Please let me know if this helps, or if I can provide any clarity.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Dale, we talked about this today. But just for everyone else's sake who might be reading this: GS Admins are certainly more than capable of being Admins without SFDC Admin rights.

However, you will lose certain functionality, such as being able to add fields to the Call to Action object, Customer Info object, and other such common scenarios. Linked Objects will likely be harder to configure. You likely won't be able to Load to SFDC object in the Rules Engine. And you won't be able to grant support access on your own.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Tim, sorry you couldn't make it today. I'm definitely interested in this scenario. Hopefully you can make it to the next office hours, or reach out to your COM and maybe we can try to address sooner.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Meaghan, sorry you weren't able to join us today. By using our bionic query tool in Journey Orchestrator, you are able to accomplish the scenario you're talking about. You could create a dataset that looks at all recently closed CTAs of a certain reason code, then merge that dataset with the desired list of contacts associated with the accounts those CTAs belong to.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Tony - sorry you couldn't make it today. Perhaps we can cover this next time.