PLEASE READ: US Admin Office Hours (Thursday session) - 01/19/23 - 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET - Pre-session Thread

• 18 January 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello everyone!

NOTE NEW LINKS BELOW -- had to create a new session.

This thread is for our upcoming Thursday Admin Office Hours session on Thursday, January 19, 2023 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET.

Please submit your questions below as replies to this post in advance if you can, and we'll address them during the session (or if there’s a quick answer available, we’ll post as replies to the questions).

There is no need to register for these sessions - you can join at any time. Once the session is underway, I will go in order of questions posted below first, then field questions from anybody else who has joined as well. Look forward to talking with you!

Conference Details (Zoom):

Thursday, January 19, 2023 at 11am PT / 12pm MT / 1pm CT / 2pm ET

Join Zoom Meeting

https://gainsight.zoom.us/j/93210223297?pwd=SGMvb0ZOVVRpclVTdTdTVzR1c040QT09

Meeting ID: 932 1022 3297

Passcode: 885599

For dial-in info by your location, find your local number:

https://gainsight.zoom.us/u/aebWfptbBg

9 replies

Hey Scott!

Have a question on a rule im working with to change a field (adding a user as a PSM to selected accounts), thanks! (Copying my question from last thread)

Hi Scott,

Either the rules engine or JO is automatically creating dulpicate Success Plans and I need help identifying the jobs that are doing it and correct them.

Also, in an email template I am mapping a survey link, but when I use it in cockpit it doesn’t let me select it.  I would also like to know if I have both Japanese and English email templates, how I get those email templates to show the correct language when the link is clicked.

Thanks,

Mel

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Scott,

I have a  very complex rule that brings in fields from a SF object.  I need to include 3 new SF fields but the fetch step says no more fields can be added.  I’d like to understand how I can get these 3 fields in without rebuilding the whole rule.  

I can only join the first half hour of office hours today.  If we can’t get to it then, I will hop on again next week.

Thanks,

Rhonda

Hi Scott,

I’m wanting to see if there’s a way that we can add other visual indicators next to an account’s name, such as the below “active” indicator. Ideally we’d like to adopt some kind of flag or other marker to easily identify those accounts at-risk.

Thank you! 

Badge

Hi Scott, 

Do you know if the viewers licensed users have the ability to preview the C360 Beta Version of the Gainsight Widget on Salesforce Account object. I assume a beta version will be pushed for the widget as well, not sure when and if we are able to preview it.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Scott - I’ve got a rule that loads Account Team Member user IDs from SFDC into our MDA. After some tinkering, I think I’ve come up with some sound logic that works, but I’d like to run it by you and see if you can pick it apart :) 

I probably won’t be on until 1:30 CT, so feel free to skip me if I’m not on yet when it’s my turn. Thanks!

Badge

Hey Scott - Wondering if it’s possible to track when a success plan changes status. We have added 2 status options for SPs in GS to show when a SP has been approved or shared with a customer and the team would like to track when that happens.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey there @spencer_engel -- although for your use case as we discussed, Data Designer (and then new Rules Engine which will be available as open beta to all on Feb 4th NXT release) is probably the way to wrangle the pivot into the shape you need.

HOWEVER, just so you know more about it, here’s the link to Teams documentation since you are using Account Teams in your source SFDC.  Takes some lift to implement, but it works well.

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/01Onboarding_and_Implementation/Onboarding_for_Gainsight_NXT/Login_and_Permissions/Teams

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hey there @spencer_engel -- although for your use case as we discussed, Data Designer (and then new Rules Engine which will be available as open beta to all on Feb 4th NXT release) is probably the way to wrangle the pivot into the shape you need.

HOWEVER, just so you know more about it, here’s the link to Teams documentation since you are using Account Teams in your source SFDC.  Takes some lift to implement, but it works well.

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/01Onboarding_and_Implementation/Onboarding_for_Gainsight_NXT/Login_and_Permissions/Teams

Thanks, Scott! Helpful as always