Search trends 2021 Q4

• 3 February 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

This is what you’ve searched for most on the Community (using the search bar)

Search Term

admin tutorials

timeline

office hours

px

reports

success plans

rules engine

Journey Orchestrator

cta

log4j

Remember ‘log4j’ 👹?

What you thought  it'd be like? Any surprises?

P.S. As I’ve learnt from other Cmgrs, P.S. Google Analytics is not the be all end all of Search behaviour as it seem more like tags/links that terms people searched but it's a good resource to view.

6 replies

Userlevel 3

Thank you @seth !!   👍

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

@anirbandutta From a former WebOps lead, search tracking in GA is definitely not great. I used to love AddSearch. It had awesome analytics. What are you using for your federated search?

Badge +3

Hey @rterakedis, have you seen the setting in the KCB build (in the Content step) that lets you put in a URL Redirect? Curious if this would satisfy what you’re looking for 

Badge +3

Hey @rterakedis have you seen the setting in the KCB build (in the Content step) that lets you put in a URL redirect? Curious if this would satisfy what you’re looking for 

Userlevel 3

@austinlamb - Honestly, I’ve seen that on the content screen many times but never paid much attention to it because I wasn’t sure what it was for (guess I should have at least read the tooltip LOL).  

That may be what I’m looking for -- I’ll give it a test and see what happens!

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thanks for posting to PX Community @rterakedis!

I am happy to say that this already possible to do in Knowledge Center Bot.  However, using a “Splash” screen as a first step in. guide is a best practice in some cases, since it can/will provide more details to the user about what they are “getting into” … basically, giving them another chance to click away if it was not what they expected.

So, here is how you can do this… Simply use the “Url Redirect” field in your Knowledge Center Bot’s Content configuration so that when the user clicks the Engagement Title/Summary in your KC Bot they are sent to a specific page in your application to begin playing the Guide. 

See below:

Also, it may not always be possible to hardcode the exact destination URL for these redirects as many web applications use custom domains and tenant/customer indicators in their URL paths.  So, in order to handle those situations, PX has a built in option to implement $px-auto-resolve tokens in these redirect URLs that are replaced by whatever is in that section of the current URL in the application where KC Bot is being launched/viewed from.  Pretty cool stuff and you can read more about this functionality here.

I hope this helps!

Happy PX-ing!