Blog

How to Earn Community Points & Ranks

• 18 October 2018
  • 37 replies
How to Earn Community Points & Ranks
Userlevel 6

Gainsight’s Community Team has been hard at work the last several months to make some exciting new improvements to the Community! One of the changes you might notice is your new badge! As you progress through the various levels of participation, you will receive a new logo against your username that suggests your level of engagement across the different activities you have been doing. Helping others on the Community and earning points can lead to some really cool prizes like Gainsight swag,.gift cards, and other surprises!

CHAMPION STATUS

On our old platform, Champion status was the only level available for special recognition and reward. If you were a Champion before, you might notice the trophy icon no longer displays next to your name. There are now 11 levels, and Champion is the 5th badge, because we didn’t want to limit the rewards and recognition to just one achievement. The new system allows us to recognize members at various points in their journey! Be proud of your new badge and new status among other members; you’ve earned it!

Check out the Community Leaderboard to see how awesome our Community members are! Below are the new badges you can earn and the various ways to earn points on the improved Community.

GAINSIGHT COMMUNITY POINTS & RANKS

The Rank icon badges are awarded based on your all time point attainment. When you earn a new Rank, it is displayed next to your posts, on your profile, and other places where your name appears. Badges are a quick way to convey your reputation to fellow Community members.

By earning points and reaching new badge levels, or gain access to other unique Gainsight event opportunities and other advanced badges as you progress.

Here are the 3 ways you can earn points, all badge levels and their descriptions:

3 ACTIVITIES TO EARN POINTS

• +20 points - For replying to someone’s post and +30 points if your answer is ‘Marked as the best
  • +15 points - For creating a new discussion/Idea post
  • +1 points - For Liking a post or Up-voting an Idea and +2 points for Receiving a Like

YOUR ENGAGEMENT LEVELS, ‘RANKS’

Now please note that ‘Points’ are not the only criteria to move from one Rank to the next but a combination of number of Activities that add up to the total points at a given range also account for.

So, the Rank change does not happen immediately as you cross the particular lower points limit; don’t worry, keep helping the community through the activities listed above, and the Rank will unlock just as it is intended to. 😊 

Shoshin_Icon-8-104ead21-306c-47fc-aa43-76575243b828-1104107275.png

Shoshin
Default [0 - 99 points]

Welcome to the Gainsight Community! Thank you for joining, we cannot wait for you to begin contributing to the lively conversations already taking place and to start your own!Shoshin is one of Gainsight’s core values. It is a word from Buddhism that means 'Beginner's Mind'. "[A beginner's mind] does not mean closed mind, but actually an empty mind and a ready mind. If your mind is empty, it is always ready for anything. It is open to everything. In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities; in the expert's mind there are few." - Shunryu Suzuki.

Gainsight_Rookie_Icon-8-3753eaf9-7c6d-41a2-ae51-7fed22d88e1d-436323368.png

Gainsight Rookie
Level 1 [100 - 499 points]

Congratulations, you are now a Gainsight Rookie! We hope that you have gotten your bearings and we are excited to see your involvement in the Community blossom from here. Keep posting, sharing, coming up with ideas, helping others, and being creative! Remember that each member started at the same level as you. Keep a Shoshin mind and always reach out when you need help and you will be thriving in no time! The Community is here to help you along and hopefully one day you will enjoy giving back to the next round of Gainsight Rookies!

Veteran_Rookie_Icon-8-9f3b03fe-f036-4897-91c8-0367b51281c2-1758197545.png

Veteran Rookie
Level 2 [500 - 999 points]

Being a Veteran Rookie means embracing all the times you tried something new and dominated! Keep learning how to become a Veteran with the new and handle change like a pro! A few quotes that illustrate the Veteran Rookie concept from our CEO, Nick Mehta: "Each time a new person joins Gainsight, it's a new company...You have something we don't have." and "Every time I join a new team, I get to start out as a rookie all over again – and that’s amazing." Each person brings something new and coming in with a Shoshin mind will ensure success!

Team_Captain_Icon-8-2db64fc2-3b88-4515-8d3d-2811b26ed597-1486575198.png

Team Captain
Level 3 [1000 - 1499 points]

Vigorous, talented, capable, and striving for excellence! These are all qualities you possess that have lead to your success in the Community! Your vigorous contributions have proved your talents through Gainsight are capable of creating excellence. (See what we did there?) That excellence is now accessible to all Gainsight Community members present and future. What an amazing impact YOU have made!

Champion_Icon-8-eaa85d29-d125-4097-8a84-a4811f91ddf0-1460445898.png

Champion
Level 4 [1500 - 2999 Points]

As a Champion, you have gone above and beyond to help achieve one of our core values, Success for All! Success for All at Gainsight is believing in a tireless pursuit of balancing success for our customers, teammates, families, investors, and community. Without active community members like you, we would not be able to achieve this goal! YOU make a difference in the Community!

All_Star_Icon-8-049cbe95-ef15-4a61-b0ae-69e440ab789c-1486605070.png

All-Star
Level 5 [3000 - 4499 points]

Hey now, you just became an All-Star! All Stars are known for their outstanding performance, and in the sports world, are awarded this title after being recognized by peers. Your Community involvement has earned likes and comments from many other members! As an All-Star, the Community recognizes your contributions and thanks you for being awesome!

MVP_Icon-8-ccf39f35-3546-4c97-a1b4-773a5658dbe5-683788088.png

MVP = Most Vocal Poster
Level6 [4500 - 5999 points]

As an MVP, you have posted, replied, liked, and commented your way to the top! All your hard work has brought you from a Champion to an MVP. The Community is a better place because of YOU! Don't stop now, keep pushing for the next level of success!

Olympian_Icon-8-a937ba3c-3b9a-4bd3-a669-b03e2ea6aeca-470159416.png

Olympian
Level 7 [6000 - 7499 points]

Olympic success requires determination, practice, goal-setting, and consistency. These are also the key ingredients to Community success. Being an active Community member takes trial and error to find solutions and determination to research answers and share insight. You have a long history of contributions on the Community that led to your Olympic status, and for that we applaud and you!

Golden_Ruler_Icon-8-8b53d176-afac-4ec3-b556-4a5371c0aaff-931356896.png

Golden Ruler
Level 8 [7500 - 9999 points]

The good ol’ fashion Golden Rule: Treat people the way you want to be treated. (Which also happens to be a Gainsight company value.) As a Golden Ruler, you have helped others succeed by answering questions, coming up with new ideas, and problem solving. You have paved the way for yours and others’ success by generously sharing your knowledge and experience. YOU RULE!

Ace_Icon-8-ab9b25d3-6541-4f07-9678-8cd4d9b91cfd-1352022300.png

“ACE” = Astonishing Community Engagement
Level 9 [10000 - 14999 points]

Your astonishing community engagement has had an incredible impact on the Community and you’ve exceeded any and all expectations for Community involvement. Your time and dedication to the Community is more than appreciated, it is Wayne's-World-Style "We're not worthy" appreciated! From all of us at Gainsight, Thank you for all you do!

Grand_Slammer-8-7346d4d5-7528-4df0-87ac-adfd92ad175a-1652615879.png

Grand Slammer
Level 10 [15000+ points]

You are the cream of the crop! The head honcho! The leader of the pack! Your hard work, dedication, and determination helped you grand slam your way to the top spots on the leaderboard chart! Congratulations on this highly prestigious award! You have a tremendously positive impact on the current and future members of the Community and for that, we say THANK YOU!

37 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Just making a note that last week both @gopal_rao_kallepu and @bradley crossed the 500 points weekly barrier for the first time, each closing exactly at 566 points 🕹️️ #needforspeed 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Just documenting @bradley breaking the MACH 6 (600 weekly points barrier) last week.🔥

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

The Community celebrates @kelly getting her ‘Community Champion’ badge today 🎉🙌

She joins an illustrious list of GameChanger super-users who’ve freely shared their knowledge consistently with us from our very early days of the Community. Spot them here :) 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Is this a change to how we get points?  Just before replying to this post, I had 70 replies and 20 points. I have also upvoted many ideas. If the points are going forward, that’s fine. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @mmarques … thanks for bringing it to our notice. Looking into it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Points are accruing as expected @mmarques. You are currently at 1634 overall points.

The leaderboard captures the top 10 most engaged members for the week and gets refreshed every Monday is where you get to see into your points for the week.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Points are accruing as expected @mmarques. You are currently at 1634 overall points.

The leaderboard captures the top 10 most engaged members for the week and gets refreshed every Monday is where you get to see into your points for the week.

Thanks for explaining the leaderboard. If I have 1634 overall points, shouldn’t I be above Shoshin level? Or is that also weekly?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@mmarques The config for Ranks is more than just points and this above doc leaves out the exact breakup (#replies, #posts, etc)… but a good point raised that the config is due a re-tuning to even out a few rough edges. 

Thanks for raising this… on my list for early 2023.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@anirbandutta - Makes sense. I made many replies, but made very few posts. 

I like the way you’re promoting community engagement and also being transparent about how the points are determined

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thank you @DougCaviness. Transparency is the only way to make this “voluntary” ecosystem to work.

And we need to close out a few gaps (as pointed above by Michele)… it’s a v gratifying experience to do so hand in hand with our awesome members.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thank you @DougCaviness. Transparency is the only way to make this “voluntary” ecosystem to work.

And we need to close out a few gaps (as pointed above by Michele)… it’s a v gratifying experience to do so hand in hand with our awesome members.

I posted a couple of additional ideas, and now I’m up to veteran rookie. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Oh wonderful… thanks for sharing that back on the thread @mmarques.

Btw, The point system will be tuned as I said to make it more agile.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I have been wondering what the “rankings” meant and came across this post, thank you @anirbandutta!

BTW, I have an additional question... I passed the Gainsight Administrator Certification on Jan 19th, I can see the badge in Credly (and obviously shared it on Linkedin, haha😅) but I don’t have it in my Community profile yet. Is it expected or should I do something on my end to sync it? Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@romihache I’m glad you came across this thread. 

Ranks automatically update are more like ‘Usage tiers’ on the Community.

The large badges on the profile (Certification, Product Council, Betas etc) are Manual badges that need to be awarded by the Community Manager, I agree would be cool to have some kind of a sync with Credly… but we are yet to get there. :)

Btw, Congrats on the certification… you’ve just won your Community profile badge too 😎

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Thank you very much @anirbandutta!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@romihache I’m glad you came across this thread. 

Ranks automatically update are more like ‘Usage tiers’ on the Community.

The large badges on the profile (Certification, Product Council, Betas etc) are Manual badges that need to be awarded by the Community Manager, I agree would be cool to have some kind of a sync with Credly… but we are yet to get there. :)

Btw, Congrats on the certification… you’ve just won your Community profile badge too 😎

Thanks to you @romihache, I made a distinction between the automaticRank-icons’ on this post vs ‘Badges’ that are manually offered, on another post.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Give it away to @alizee smashing 870 points in a week!! 🚀

And look at that engagement... Whaaaaaat 🤡

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks so much for helping so many conversations move forward, @alizee !

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

🥁 for @MelissaC claiming the Community Champion status and earning her special green award!

Spot these special GameChanger celebrities here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Give it away to @alizee smashing 870 points in a week!! 🚀

and the first person to dominate each and every leaderboard on GameChanger???

@alizee, really? 🦸🏽‍♀️

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Give it away to @alizee smashing 870 points in a week!! 🚀

and the first person to dominate each and every leaderboard on GameChanger???

@alizee, really? 🦸🏽‍♀️

As I said to @sshroff , it looks like I’m being Horizonized as all of this Community (in general) stuff wasn’t ever natural to me before 🤣.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

As I said to @sshroff , it looks like I’m being Horizonized as all of this Community (in general) stuff wasn’t ever natural to me before 🤣.

😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Drumroll please

@sarahmiracle has earned the highest honor for being active on the Community

This is a special achievement and not many people have it

Thank you Sarah for keeping this a lively place 🙌🏽