Solved

Where does the Advancedoutreach Id come from?

• 29 June 2022
  • 6 replies

I have just taken over admin for our companies Gainsight instance and some of our email chain programs stopped working. I noticed in the Participant Sources area we are filtering to make sure contacts have an “Advancedoutreach Id”. When I do some reading in the documentation, I see it is a unique program id.

I guess my question would be how does that get set prior to a contact qualifying for a program?

icon

Best answer by john_apple 29 June 2022, 18:31

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

It’s generated when the Program is created and forms part of the URL: https://yourgsdomain.gainsightcloud.com/v1/ui/programs#/programs/AdvancedOutreachID

Each Program also has a Code that defaults to the Advanced Outreach ID without hyphen characters OR you can set the Code to be something else to make it easier to identify when running a query or report.

@john_apple

Thanks for the quick reply. That makes sense. I guess I am still confused though. In the Participant Sources I see that we are filtering for:

And then in the “Get JO Participation”:

It’s probably my lack of knowledge, but how would a contact get associated to an AO Participant Activity record before being added to the program?

This filter criteria is what is excluding contacts from even entering our email chain. Does this filter need to be included in in our participant sources?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

It looks like it was designed to look for new contacts, then look for previous sent emails from a Program. It then combines these two datasets based on the Email address of the contact and the participant that was sent an email. Lastly, it filters out any records that were part of the Program already (already had an email sent to them) so that this way it only add net new participants. 

JO Programs associate participants by Email Address and Company identifier. In this case, it looks like email address is the unique identifier being used to filters new participants.

@john_apple 

One more question for you - I was not able to see my test contact show up in the participants until I clicked on the “sync” button:

Should this sync happen automatically when the program is scheduled to run?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

The sync will happen automatically if the Program is Active (Published) and you’ve set a sync schedule with the participant source setup. 

@john_apple 

Makes sense. Thank you for your responses!