Solved

Where do you set mapping tokens in co-pilot?

• 18 June 2016
  • 5 replies

When writing the outreach campaign, I could not find where the choices for token mapping were set.   I scrubbed documentation with no luck.  I figured I would post this in the community with the answer since it took me so long to find it.  -
icon

Best answer by lila_meyer 20 June 2016, 18:59

View original

5 replies

The mapping tokens are set within the powerlist that are used for the campaign.  Below where you define the criteria for the power list that will be used in the outreach, you can set the available tokens that can be used in the email templates to be used.  

Thus, if you use the same template with two different power lists, both lists will need to be edited to contain the tokens needed for the email template.

You're welcome. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Caprice,

I will update the support article to make this more clear, but it's described in step #6 here:

https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/CoPilot_and_Automated_Email/Admin_Configuration/...

Thanks for the feedback!
Hi Lila -

I am not sure if this article came up when I was desperately searching - but if if did, I probably wouldn't have clicked on it. Because I a had already, in my mind, successfully created a power list.

I ran into the problem later where the tokens are used and could find nothing related to the template/outreach portion of configuration.

I just wanted to give you the use/case context so an article later down the pipe would reference it. 

Thanks!!
My search was "mapping tokens" and it doesn't look like the article comes up.   I did however, see my last viewed articles, and think these would be an area where the info would be helpful. -

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks, Caprice. Your feedback is really helpful! I think what's tricky is that there are 3 places in CoPilot where you must configure different components of token mapping. (And the application as well as documentation does not always refer to them as tokens: in Power Lists, they're list fields; in Email Templates, they're Tags; and then in Outreaches they're tokens or placeholders.) I've added explanation and used the token mapping terminology across all of the aforementioned articles, so hopefully it will be more clear in the future.