Solved

Text Only CoPIlot Email

• 23 August 2018
  • 9 replies

Badge
In doing some testing through more some preview tools, it looks like a user who views emails in text only isn't getting any content. Is there a way to control 'text only' content in CoPilot?

Thanks,

Elizabeth Adams
icon

Best answer by rakesh_lingala 6 January 2020, 11:58

View original

9 replies

+1! This feature is hugely important for accessibility, and would be a great addition to JO / CoPilot.
Badge
Hi - Just following-up. Is this intended functionality?
Hi Elizabeth,

I completely get the need and ask for this and agree that this would be helpful. We are working on a series of email template enhancements at this point and this is not something which we expect to be addressed in the roadmap in the short or medium term but we hope to address it in the long term roadmap.

Thanks

Abhishek S
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
I think this is more than just a template enhancement. This is standard email deliverability best practices. Even Salesforce templates have a plain text version.

Not sending emails as multipart [i]and plain text has negatively impacted a customer's experience with us just this week. Their mail system converted our message to text which stripped all images and reformatted the entire message making it almost illegible. If a text version had been sent with the HTML, I don't believe this scenario would have happened and it's frustrating that there's nothing we can do to prevent it in the future - not short or medium term. 

This was not a good look for us.
Badge
I agree -

this is more than a template enhancement. From the third-party testing that I've done, it looks like the text only version is blank. As in no content. Even for emails that contain only text. We know that a portion of our clients don't have HTML or rich text selected in their email applications, which means they aren't getting messaging at all. I'm hoping that the end user is getting more than the testing client shows, but if not it's a big miss and I wonder how many people some of their recipients may be receiving blank emails from them.

I've attached a screenshot of the preview.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
From SendGrid's own site:

[i]Ensure your email contains both Plaintext and HTML versions so recipients can view the information within the mail client of their choice. If you only send HTML emails and a recipient's server or mail client blocks HTML content, they will not see anything in your emails.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Hi  Abhishek,

As more organizations are moving to being Section 508 Compliant, the ability to send  a plain text email is increasingly important.

For organizations that must be compliant, they would not be able to use JO emails.
Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Hi  Abhishek,

As more organizations are moving to being Section 508 Compliant, the ability to send  a plain text email is increasingly important.

For organizations that must be compliant, they would not be able to use JO emails.
Badge

Hello Everyone!

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and included as part of v6.9 release (Dec). Gainsight now supports plain text format emails in JO. A plain text email is a simple email message that only includes text without any formatting, images, or graphics. 

You can find the relevant information in our v6.9 Release Notes.

This feature is implemented in both SFDC & NXT version.

Thanks for posting!