Solution: How do I bring the Gainsight email opt out data to Salesforce?

• 23 January 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Many customers are using Gainsight as one of the email systems for reaching out to their customers. Their marketing team can be using Marketo and their Sales ops team may be using a CRM such as Salesforce to email contacts. A recipient, technically can opt out of Gainsight but how can we bring that information from Gainsight onto other systems such as Salesforce. How can we ensure that Gainsight unsubscribed data is shared among these systems to make you GDPR compliant?

The solution is quite simple actually: The Email Log object has a field called unsubscribed. All you have to do is create a rule that looks at the contacts that have unsubscribed marked as true and push that data back to the contact in Salesforce or wherever your single sytem of record exists:  https://share.getcloudapp.com/04ugnPqb

That’s it!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@meenal_shukla Thanks for posting it here, very useful information. 

Great post - I like the idea

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@eberjx Thanks for your vote here!!!!

Badge +4

@eberjx Thank You

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@eberjx Thanks for your vote here!!!!

@NvGal Thanks!!

Badge

@meenal_shukla do you have any suggestion on how to handle the opposite scenario? We have been using Hubspot mainly to store opt-out information but we want to move our customer communications to Gainsight since we launched recently. We would like to sync all unsubscribe data from Hubspot to Gainsight. Shall we load these into the object you mentioned and make sure both are aligned?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

My understanding is you can mark the opt out field as true in the Person object from the information from Hubspot.

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Journey_Orchestrator_and_Email_Templates/Email_Templates/Email_Opt-out_Policy

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@PavanCh , @manu_mittal : Is my answer to @catarinacardoso correct or will you modify it?