Solved

Sending internal communications/ reports via coPilot

Customer would like to leverage coPilot to send INTERNAL emails to the organization that highlights their entire customer base's usage and other non-customer specific reports. Is this possible to do?  
icon

Best answer by sundar 11 August 2016, 08:19

View original

21 replies

Michelle one way to do this is send to send email of dashboards to employees instead of using CoPilot. Does that work?
Customer would prefer to send the pictures of specific reports in the email template vs. having their team open an attachment of a full dashboard (confirming that the dashboard being sent this way would need to be sent this way-- via a ppt attachment...?).  Any chance this specific use case is on our product roadmap?
Yes, this should be possible today - can you confirm where the account ownership fields lives? (i.e., the CSM field lives on the Account Object vs. CustomerInfo Object)
I think reports (in copilot) are always filtered by customer, so cannot send reports of entire customer base. reason is concern that via copilot customer accidentally sends other customer A's info to Customer B etc. We are evaluating having a first class construct internal users in powerlist and remove some of these restrictions but not short term item
Gaurav's right - you can send outreaches internally but you can not create reports that aggregate data across customers
Thanks All-- would about ability to send non-customer related reports internally vis coPilot. Ie: sending reports internally around 'Objectives by CSM and Status' or "CTAs by CSM and Status"- to show the larger internal team what CSMs are executing and objectives and CTAs...?
Hi, we'd like to leverage Copilot for internal communications as well. CoPilot is preferred to scheduled exports of Dashboards as embedded reports provide quicker visibility to data relative to a .ppt attachment. Our use case would be to send a few key reports at the end of each week to our regional directors (CSM Deliverables Closed this week, Regional Wellness, Closed Opportunities with CSM as lead source, etc). While we have this info available in dashboards, the email would be another mechanism to recap info. Would make the data more apparent/up front rather than relying on folks to check dashboards. Longer term, similar reports would be sent to regional VPs. 
We want the same! Reports would feature summary data from all customers or specific customer pools vs. just filtered for 1 customer. Email would be sent weekly to executive team.
+1, this would be very useful and allow for faster delivery of info! I have also found the reports in Copilot to also be more legible than the reports in Dashboard Email Export.
Badge +1
We have nearly the same need, I'd like to send reports internally to G.S scorecard 'owners' such as engineering & services who don't use salesforce - filtered to show yellow/red clients for their owned scorecard
Badge
We would like to use CoPilot to distribute reports internally as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
I use Co-Pilot for Internal Communications. I haven't dug into every single use case above, but we actually started with Internal Communications as a way to test and evaluate Co-Pilot before using it for External. Feel free to contact me if you want to collaborate.
Blasting everyone's inbox for each account makes the feature unusable.

Additionally, should this thread be changed from "Answered" to "Work in Progress" or a status that is more accurate? Answered yes, but this thread has now become a feature request.
Additionally, if we want to send reports to Directors, MDs, etc filters should be allowed based of these fields so reports do not have to be custom generated for each email recipient. 
Hi Matt - Curious for how you sent internal communications. Are all of your internal recipients contacts in SFDC? Tried to find best way to contact you, but couldn't. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Hello Katie,

Indeed all of our internal recipients are Contact records in SFDC. However, they do not need to be Contacts of the Account. On each Account, we maintain a field which specifies the CSM. Any field on the Account object which is a lookup to a Contact record--even if that Contact is internal--can be designated as a recipient when designing your power list. 

When you build your Power List, start with....

Derive list of contacts from > Salesforce > Account > (Choose any field here that is a lookup to a Contact, which might represent a CSM)
Userlevel 5
With the upcoming August release, you will be able to create an aggregated report and send it to users. For this the powerlist should be Salesforce -> AnyObject -> CSM where CSM is a SFDC user field. 

You would be able to add a user ID field to that report and have that tokenized for each recipient so that each CSM would receive the reports on the accounts they handle. 

Stay tuned to the release notes for more info on this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +9
Sundar.....I'm reviewing CoPilot and the Release Notes in search of this aggregated report feature, but thus far have come up empty. Could you comment if this feature made the release, and if so, where to look?

For clarity, when you describe aggregated reports, my understanding is that the feature would enable many Accounts / Customers to be represented in a single CoPilot email. For example, I could represent the ARR for all customers in a CSM's portfolio in a single CoPilot email.

If that's inaccurate, could you further explain aggregated reporting?
Hey Matt, this is somewhat available today and we are working on 'first-class' support as a stretch for Q4, planned for Q1.

What's available today: In copilot, select 'user strategy'. You will need to filter based on account, and then select a 'user field' for the filtered account in powerlist. With August, in this scenario, the report embedded can now have 'cross-account' data. We've relaxed the restriction. 

The issue, which we plan to address, is that you still can only select users on account (e.g. CSM). Essentially, to achieve this, you'd need to do the above steps and then set the 'don't send more than once in outreach'. Also if there is an internal user, that is not a owner/user that you cannot send. 

We are addressing this in future release, where instead of first selecting an account, you can build a query right off the user object. I believe that is the first-class support for the use case you are looking for. What's available today, is a bit offers workaround in my opinion. Another option is to schedule a PPT to go out to internal users. This is not part of copilot but available via the dashboard manager interface. 

-g
what if we have a user field on the Customer Info Object and not the SFDC? i tried pulling in the field in a Dataspace to create a powerlist but the only user field they are giving me are the ones on the Account, not Customer Info. Any thought on how to identify a user that is on Customer Info Object only?
Hi Elizabeth. It should work, if in the data space definition the base object is Customer Info not Account. Or if the data space has another base object (like e.g. cases), then the it should only that look up to customerinfo and not account. 

If this isn't clear or you have more questions, please send your data space definition to my email at gkotak@gainsight.com. thx