Send from Cockpit - Send Separate Emails Disabled Until User Saves and Exits

• 3 June 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

By default, Send Separate Emails is selected. However as soon as someone selects a second recipient it is greyed out and cannot be deselected. Makes sense when the template has merge fields but if the user removes the merge fields, the box is still greyed out.

It isn’t clear to the end user anywhere that they need to save the draft and exit the editor, and then it’s available to deselect when they return to validate. Maybe it isn’t obvious because this isn’t how it should function - instead, as soon as the merge fields are removed the box should become available without requiring the user to exit and reopen.

9 replies

Userlevel 4

Hello @kelly 

Thanks for bringing this up. I agree with you, i will check this and see if this needs some fix from our end.

Userlevel 4

Hello @kelly ,

Please let me know if you are facing this issue still. I tried to reproduce this, but it works fine for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@kelly I am checking the old posts and wanted to see if your issue is solved or still exists? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@sai_ram this is still produceable. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@sai_ram this is still produceable. 

@kelly looking into it

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

This nuance is not indicated anywhere in the documentation either, can that be updated?

Userlevel 4

Sure @kelly  we can take this.

Userlevel 4

@rakesh_lingala can we please document this?

Badge

Thanks for your valuable inputs @kelly , we have updated the respective doc with the following

Note: When the surveys/person object tokens/reports with person object filters are removed from the email draft, the Send separate Emails to multiple contacts checkbox will be available again only after the email draft is saved with those changes. ”

FYI @rakesh_lingala@chethana