Solved

Scheduling automated emails based on events in salesforce

• 22 March 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge
I am trying to set up our first round of automated emails in Gainsight which will roll out to our T4 tech touch customers. It seems that if I use CoPilot to set these up, I can not set up a schedule for these emails based on an event change in Salesforce. I need to set up automated welcome emails based on 3 days after a deal closing in salesforce. It appears this would need to be done in the rules engine but based on an article I read, it doesn't appear that this would be a reason for using rules engine to set these types of emails up. Am I right in thinking I should set this up in Rules Engine, or am I overlooking being able to set this up in CoPilot?
icon

Best answer by dan_ahrens 23 March 2017, 22:27

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Ky,

You can create a powerlist to look for customers where the trigger conditions have been met - https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/CoPilot_and_Automated_Email/Admin_Configuration/...

And then match that powerlist up with a template to create an outreach. The outreach can be scheduled to run daily - https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/CoPilot_and_Automated_Email/Admin_Configuration/...

If you think you'd like to have some help to walk you through that, you can suggest the topic for this week's "Admin Office Hours" and our experts can step you through that. Register here: 

https://community.gainsight.com/gainsight/categories/gainsight_admin_office_hours
Badge
This is really helpful, thanks Dan. Do you know if on these outreaches, there is a way to skip weekends? I need to trigger these emails to be sent 3 days after close date, but would need that to be 3 business days. Is this possible? I know rules/ctas support this, but don't see this in CoPilot.
Badge
Outreaches do have the ability to be scheduled "Every weekday".  The trick here is to setup the Powerlist so that you use a range instead of an exact date where customer meets the criteria.  In your case you could use Close Date is between 3 and X days before run date.  We typically use 5 day windows just to make sure that communications go out.  So you could set it to between 3 and 7 days.  The other key to get this to work is to set "Send email once in XX days" on the Outreach.  We typically set this to 15 days since our window is 5 days and there are some communications that we want to go out from one month to the next to the same customer.  Some communication we do set to once in Lifetime.  Behind the scenes, Gainsight leverages Email along with Account (or Relationship) for uniqueness in this check.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Ky, info on scheduling to skip weekends can be found here: https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/CoPilot_and_Automated_Email/Admin_Configuration/...

Badge
Dan, just so I make sure I am setting this up correctly. In my Power List, I have the criteria set up for Close Date equals Subtract N Days from Run Date = 3. And then in my outreach I have it set to send once in the lifetime, and then to set up the time it is going to go out when it meets this criteria, I need to set it on a weekday schedule to skip weekends. Is this right? The only thing is, if my criteria runs at a time when it should send on a weekend but I don't want it to, will it just never send to that person?
Badge
Since the Outreach isn't scheduled for the weekend it wouldn't evaluate so the Customer's that closed 3 days before Saturday and Sunday would be missed.  If you won't want to set the window that I mentioned you could setup a different Powerlist for Monday that picks up days 3-5 and then Tuesday- Friday would be a spearate powerlist that picks up only 3 days.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Ky, what I'd probably recommend to ensure you catch everything is to modify your date criteria from "Close Date equals Subtract N Days from Run Date = 3" to "Close Date greater or equal to Subtract N Days from Run Date = 5"

This will ensure that you catch anything that falls over the weekend. Since you have the frequency set to only send once in a lifetime, you don't have to worry about duplicates being sent out.

The logic with the greater, less than and "subtract N days" works like this:

* Subtract N days to go back in time to a target date

* From the target date, "less than" takes you further back in time and "greater than" takes you forward in time. 

So the Close Date greater or equal to Subtract N Days from Run Date = 5 will look for any close dates in the past 5 days, inclusive of days 1-4. 

Hope this helps!
Badge
 Super helpful! Got it all, thank you!