Solved

Relationship-level Power Lists

Userlevel 3
Badge
Good Afternoon-

I've hit quite a snag.  I'm attempting to build my first Relationship-level Power List in Journey Orchestrator/Outreaches and having issues getting anything to populate.

Create Power list for: Relationships --> Products

Derive list of recipients from: Data Space --> Products Relationship Contact --> Email Field --> Contact Email

I started by putting in a criteria of:

Account Name: Equals: CareerArc (our company and my testing account)

Nothing populated, so I deleted the criteria.  I then tried: 

I tried Contact Role: Equals: Day-To-Day Contact - SR

Nothing populated, so I deleted the criteria.  I then tried: 

No criteria

Nothing populated.

I checked my DataSpace of "Products Relationship Contact" and found that Contact Name, Account Name, Email Address, Contact Role, etc. were all mapped, however nothing populates.

What is happening?  I'm assuming that the data isn't flowing into the DataSpace, however I cannot figure out how to see the data contained in the DataSpace, nor can I find the Objects that the DataSpace is referencing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  People who have had similar issues.  Pointing me in the direction of tutorials that I may have missed (I've been reading what I can find on Community and on GainsightGo to no avail).

Thanks

-Jim
icon

Best answer by lila_meyer 1 September 2018, 00:05

View original

13 replies

Hi Jim - 

It does sound like your data space is not correctly mapping over to the accounts on the contact record.  This may be because you don't have the contacts tagged to the relationship ID.  I'd start by looking there.

Alternatively, if you can use the Query Builder as part of a JO program, it gives you much more control in terms of merging together different data sets.

Let me know if that helps?  Thanks!

Tim
Userlevel 3
Badge
Hi Tim-

Thanks for the information.  Do you have any suggested reading materials for a new Admin on these topics?  

In a quick search I found this:

https://support.gainsight.com/360/Tutorials/Tutorial%3A_Configure_Relationship_Contacts_Layout_for_R...

and will be starting there this morning.

Thanks!

-Jim
Userlevel 3
Badge
HI Tim-

"This may be because you don't have the contacts tagged to the relationship ID.  I'd start by looking there."

Can you share more information on this specifically?  

Thanks

-Jim
Userlevel 3
Badge
Hi Tim-

Do I have to set up a separate contact ingest from SFDC into the Gainsight MDA?

Thanks

-Jim
Hey James!

Apologies for the delayed response.  From an architecture perspective, contacts (SFDC Contact Object) are associated to an account (SFDC Account Object).  With the concept of relationships, you have to associate account contacts to the specific relationship.  Within Gainsight, we look at this as a "Relationship Person".  You can see the object model here: https://support.gainsight.com/Data_Management/Gainsight_Standard_Objects/Gainsight_Person_Object_Mod...

You can have CSMs manually add "Persons" via the R360 section or you can do it via the rules engine in the "Load to Relationship Person" action.

Does that help?  Review the Person's OM link above and let me know if you'd like to chat?  Thanks!

Tim
Userlevel 3
Badge
Thanks Tim.

With Account-level PowerLists I can just reference SFDC data.  Why is this not possible with Relationship-level PowerLists?

Thanks!

-Jim
Relationships aren't a part of SFDC functionality (only have a GS context).  You [i]could do something like this by creating a dropdown list on the Contact Object and selecting which relationship they are a part of, but that gets messy to manage.

The Relationship Level powerlists are looking at that "Relationship Person" and "Company" objects to segment SFDC Account Contacts to their proper relationship.  

Does that make sense?
Userlevel 3
Badge
Hi Tim-

Sort of.  We currently leverage the Contact Role in SFDC to parse out our Day-To-Day contacts and Decision-Makers for each of our solutions sold to a single client. What you're saying is that this causes issues long term and is not best practice to use this method?

I'll be honest, I haven't learned how to use Bionic Rules yet since I'm so new to being the Gainsight Admin.  Are Bionic Rules the only way to leverage the "Load to Company Person" and "Load to Relationship Person" actions in the Rules Engine?

Thanks

-Jim
Not at all.  The Contact Role is critical for long-term Program success.

The concept of relationships allows you to send to specific contact roles that are applicable at a relationship level only. 

For example, if I have two Executive Sponsors at ACME, but they are specific to a relationship, I wouldn't want to send them down the same Program as the content would either be too general or not reflective of their experience (if the relationship is product specific). 

To segment these:

- Load Exec Sponsor 1 to Relationship Person under Relationship 1

- Load Exec Sponsor 2 to Relationship Person under Relationship 2

I could then use the Powerlist to generate a list of Exec Sponsors that are only applicable to one of the relationships.  

Unfortunately, custom rules have been deprecated and bionic rules are the only way forward in a mass update setting.  Alternatively, you can add the "Person" section to the R360 layout and have CSMs add them manually from that interface.

Your CSM should be able to help you with the bionic rule set-up.  Let me know if not and we can jump on a call?  Thanks!

Tim

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey Jim,

Bionic Rules are the future! ;)

For assistance getting started with bionic rules, check out these resources:

Also, here's a 2-min. video on the basic differences between custom and bionic rules.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Hi Lila-

Thanks for the information.  As a FYI:

"Bionic Rules ELearning Course"

Returns an error of "Page/File No Longer Available"

https://customersuccessuniversity.gainsight.com/course/admin-203---bionic-rules

-Jim

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks, Jim, and sorry for the inconvenience. You can view all of the courses, including introductory and advanced level rules courses here: https://customersuccessuniversity.gainsight.com/catalog#courses
Userlevel 3
Badge
No inconvenience!  Just wanted to let you know that your hyperlink didn't go to a valid page.

-Jim