Solved

Re-send Survey

• 30 January 2020
  • 8 replies

I often need to re-issue the NPS survey that’s been sent via Gainsight - the only way I’ve found to do this so far, is to create an entirely new distribution list.

Is there a way that I can simply resend to an individual who’s already been included within a Program?

I have a feeling the answer is no, and if that’s the case, it really is hugely inconvenient.

icon

Best answer by ashish_ahuja 30 January 2020, 17:47

View original

8 replies

Hi @JamieRobson, I would request you to please elaborate on the use case a little bit. In the mean while I would try to answer the best based on my current understanding. Assuming you have the exact same flow for your recurring NPS for a given period (let's say each quarter) you could create the first time distribution list from a Report exported CSV or Query Builder based on your preference and then have another source on the Participants object itself filtered to your need; scheduled based on your requirement with a re-entry criteria to allow completed participants to re-enter and an advanced criteria blocking them to re-enter before the next quarter per se.

- The scheduled source would take care of bringing the participants who have already been sent the NPS.

- The re-entry criteria allows the same participants to enter the same Program once again simulating a loop.

- The advanced criteria blocks them to re-enter too soon and postpones the entry to after the required number of days/months.

The person was included in the original Program - they have been sent an email, which they’ve opened but since lost.  

All I want to do is simply re-send the original email, without having to mess around creating new lists or filters.  It’s an ad-hoc requirement based on an individual “not receiving” the original email.

Does that make sense?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

You might be able to re-share using Email Assist from a CTA in Cockpit:

https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/06Surveys/02Admin_Guides/Distribute_Surveys#Email_Assist

I think there might be a limitation if the template has an in-line question, so in that case you may need to make a different template.

There is already a provision of sending a reminder email for a general use case to all the participants who do not respond in a given period of time.

But given a scenario where you would just want to resend the survey to a very limited set of participants based on the need, there are multiple ways to achieve it. Here are a few :

- You can create a CTA for non respondents from JO itself and then send them adhoc emails via GS assist functionality.

- You can make note of the Survey URL token from the participant object for that person and reshare/resend the email.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I think a good enhancement would be to go into a program and be able to resend surveys to completed participants whom have not responded using a specific email template or pull from one of the already used survey email steps. Then this could be indicated in the participant activity indicating a manual one off send.

Thanks everyone, @ashish_ahuja had the solution for me!

It’s a bit frustrating that there is no “Resend Survey” button somewhere, I can’t understand that - but hopefully something that can be added in future.

Cheers,

J

Badge

Thanks everyone, @ashish_ahuja had the solution for me!

It’s a bit frustrating that there is no “Resend Survey” button somewhere, I can’t understand that - but hopefully something that can be added in future.

Cheers,

J

We often find ourselves needing to resend an email, including survey emails, sent via the CTA email assist.  I second the request for a “resend” button on emails/surveys already sent.  The newly released “share via email” from the timeline is great for resending emails, but it appears the survey links don’t work.  

Badge

- You can make note of the Survey URL token from the participant object for that person and reshare/resend the email.

When I’m looking at the survey participants, I see the survey url and the token, but not any kind of unique Survey URL token that I can grab and put into an email.  Is there a way to hack the URL? Or another field I should be searching for?