Solved

Re-Enable User for Email After Opt Out

• 9 October 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Is there a way to re-enabled or remove the Opt-Out? I have a user who deleted his last email from gainsight after he unsubscribe from everything but now wants to change his mine. Is there a way in the backend to reset his email options?

icon

Best answer by kendra_mcclanahan 9 October 2019, 21:05

View original

6 replies

Badge +6
Hey John - yep, an admin can do this from Administration -> Email Configuration -> Email Validator. From there, search for the email address and it will show what they've opted-out from. You can then remove that selection. I put together a quick example below - I'm not opted out, so you can't see the full steps but hopefully helps!

https://cl.ly/10ab68e6f704

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Another option is called out in this FAQ doc: https://support.gainsight.com/SFDC_Edition/Journey_Orchestrator_and_Email/Email_Options_and_Guidelines/Email_Opt-out_Policy#FAQs

Can a CSM re-subscribe on behalf of a user?

This is not recommended, but is possible. To do this, from an outreach, the CSM can execute a sample run with the following data to receive an email with the Manage your subscription preference link in the CSM’s email account:

Select the contact to fetch data: select the user’s contact on behalf of whom the CSM is re-subscribing email communications. For example, John.

Send email to: enter CSM’s email ID. For example, csm@gainsight.com; then click RUN.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
That is perfect and exactly what I was looking for. Thanks, Kendra!

Badge

Hello Everyone! 

Happy to announce that Gainsight now provides users with more granular control to opt-out specific Contacts/Persons from email communications from the 360 > Person section. To enable users to opt-out specific Contacts/Persons from email communications, an Email Opt-Out field must be added to the Gainsight Person object in the LIST VIEW and DETAIL VIEW tabs of the 360 LAYOUTS page. After the Email Opt-Out field is added to the Gainsight Person object, users can set the value to true for a particular user of a company in the C360/R360 page. 

This feature is implemented in both SFDC & NXT versions.

For more information, refer to the v6.14 release.

Thanks for posting!

I attempted Kendra’s recommendation to validate an email address so that I can remove the opt-out selection the user made. When I enter the email address and click “Validate”, nothing happens. I tested other recipient emails that have not opted-out and they worked fine - I got the notification I expected. However, there is no notice or subsequent options when I entered the email address that I’m certain opted-out. 

Can you let me know if there is something I’m missing?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Is it possible to send a customer a link to the opt out preference management? This would be super helpful for CSMs to be able to send to customers.

We recently sent a large survey and some customers did not realize they had opted out and would be willing to opt back in to future communication. The quickest way to see this would be to send the link rather than having to reach out to the admin to remove