Solved

Provide CC for Non-Operational emails in Journey Orchestrator Programs

• 6 September 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
I feel like this suggestion might already be on community but I couldn't find it...currently add CC field to Emails in Programs is only possible if the Email Template is Operational. We would like the ability to add a CC to Non-Operational emails as well from time to time to include an internal reciptient.

icon

Best answer by karl_rumelhart 6 September 2019, 21:59

View original

7 replies

Badge +3
Thanks for the suggestion. So you know the issue: it is challenging to handle opt-outs when you have folks on cc. Not an issue for Operational emails -- no unsubscribe! -- but if somebody on cc clicks on unsubscribe there is some sublety in making sure that we do the right thing. If you have suggestions on how you would want things to work in that situation, it would be useful input.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5
Hi Karl - how does an unsubscribe work if the email is forwarded to a third party who then clicks on the unsubscribe in the initial email?

Badge +3
Good question. I don't know off hand.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

For my use case, I just want to be able to CC the CSM.  So, for example, we’re sending out an invite to our new customer community from the team that manages the community, but we want the CSM to have visibility on the email as well.  We have a C360 section that shows JO emails, but it would be nice to have them be able to be CCed on the actual email so they are aware of the content, etc.  Maybe the CC field only allows for internal users? Or create a way to have the CSM only get a copy of the email for their customers?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Anyone that clicks an unsubscribe link would unsubscribe the recipient from future communications, whether they were a CC or it was forwarded to anyone else.

The reasoning Karl gave makes sense - if a CSM receives 5,10+ CCd emails I can almost guarantee there will be some that hit the opt out button thinking they are opting themselves out, not realizing they’d be opting out a customer. 

For awareness, we have a digital repository for each email we’ll send with audience, timing, etc with a deployment calendar and post to Slack as well. Similar method if you utilize Chatter or any other internal collaboration service. Is there a different way you can communicate out to the team without having to CC them?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Bumping this one back up. We would LOVE to be able to CC CSM’s on communications. Could we make the CC field for non-operational emails but make it so it can only accept internal email addresses? Something along those lines would be awesome. 

Badge

Hi there - I am curious as to how this was solved? Do we have a true CC function available today for non-operational emails?