Program click performance missing click data if there is no open registered due to email security blocking it

Related products: CS Journey Orchestrator, Email & Notifications

Hello there,

If you look at the program analytics for a program, in the header, there is a click to open percentage. Also, If you click on a send email bar in the stepwise report, you also see a click performance percentage that calculates based on X clicked out of X opened. 

This is flawed because some companies email security softwares have the ability to block the tracking pixel from loading which is what records the open in Gainsight. So many clicks are being excluded from these calculations.

For example, I am seeing 468 total clicks for one of our links in the click performance report. So I exported the click and open events from email raw events and found 664 total clicks for the same link.

I did some additional validation and did a crosscheck to verify that these extra clicks were from contacts that did not have an open event recorded.

Where does this data pull from? Doing some additional checking, Email Logs V2 seems to “assume” an open based on a click which is what I would want to happen. I drilled down to one email that doesn’t have an open event but did have “Opened” = Yes so that is the basis for my assumption.

But that doesn’t seem to be happening for the data in the program analytics.

I suppose the idea here is to view the click rate based on sends instead of opens. Or just make it more accurately display clicks since there are many being left out when it is based on opens. 

@alex_legay I have noticed the same, underrepresentation of the click rate.  Do you have a formal idea submitted to enhance the JO Analytics calculation?  Definitely want to upvote.

@anirbandutta - Can you please convert this to Idea. Client reach out to us requesting to convert this post to IDEA.

Thanks!

Done.