Solved

Posting mailings done with Program to Timeline...

• 19 March 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge
Yes, I was asked the question: "Can we post the automated mailings that we do to timeline?"

While nothing prevents us from doing it by copying the right address, I think it would put an unnecessary burden on the environment when we can instead integrate a report on the mail log in the R360/C360 view.

However, I do see the interest of having copies of all mails sent to customers in one spot - Timeline - so I ask:

What is Gainsight's recommandation on that? Are you already thinking of delivering something along those lines?

icon

Best answer by dan_ahrens 19 March 2019, 22:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Diane,

One of the reasons Timeline was created was because customers told us that Salesforce Activity History was too cluttered with many automated processes dropping in entries, which made it hard to find anything when you went there searching.

So Timeline was intended as a location for your "high value" interactions, and ideally human interactions (phone calls, in person meetings, emails sent by a human). We have received some interest in putting automated events like JO program email sends, health score changes, milestone entries created by rules, etc into Timeline, but the caution is that once that happens, then things start to get cluttered and finding those high value activities becomes harder.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Fortunately Timeline has more robust filtering capabilities making it easier to find things, where SF Activity History does not.

Hi All,

Any idea if this is a functionality that is being considered for the future? Would love to be able for tech touch CSM’s to have better visibility in to what JO emails have been sent on their behalf.

Badge

If there was a way to have the timeline as is and a separate section for JO email timeline, that would be awesome. I do completely agree that it would get incredibly cluttered if it was all in one place. If there was a filter or a separate section for just the emails, that could solve this use case. Reports on the C360 don’t provide a great view of what programs were sent to the client.