Solved

More in-depth training on Advanced Outreaches

Badge
Advanced outreaches are going to revolutionize a lot of our processes here, and I am excited about it. However, I'm not excited about how much training and guidance we've been given here. I've searched through the help articles and training videos, but I can't find anything more in depth than a basic level introduction to setting up advanced outreaches. Did I miss something that explains the new MDA objects related to AO's? Or a document that helps with testing and troubleshooting a new AO? I'd like more understanding before we publish our first one on July 1st.

I've noticed a similar trend with other features when they are just released. I get an announcement and a basic how-to. From there I have to figure out the details on my own.
icon

Best answer by dan_ahrens 27 June 2017, 21:54

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Britton,

Really excited that you're interested in Advanced Outreaches. Sometimes our support site can be tough to navigate well, our apologies. I'll add some links to the basic and more advanced resources in case you haven't seen any of these yet.

Feature overview

FAQ

10 min intro video

Config walkthrough

You can also take advantage of our Admin Office Hours to ask more specific and/or advanced questions. We stand ready to help with all your new feature questions! 🙂
Badge
Thanks Dan! I would agree that there are some issues with navigation between the self-help resources, support ticket submission, and the community. It would be great if all three things were available in one site to help with this issue!
Badge
Thanks for the help, Dan. I've read through all of those articles you've posted. I'll go ask my questions in the Admin Office Hours now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Britton, I work with the documentation team, and I'd love to learn more about your specific AO questions. If you have time, please reach me at lmeyer@gainsight.com.

You're correct that we don't have an AO test plan guide. We'll work on this, but it probably won't be ready before July 1.
Badge +1
Hi Britton,

I'm a member of our documentation team and I wanted to share with you an article we recently published, How to Test an Advanced Outreach. Our goal with this document was to provide a walkthrough that explains our recommended steps for testing an Advanced Outreach. I hope this helps you test and troubleshoot any Advanced Outreaches you are planning. Please feel free to let us know if you have further feedback in this area.
Badge
This looks great! Thanks for following up.

My only suggestion from here would be to have the ability to delete the cloned AO that was only used for testing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Completely agree with the sentiments in this post.  Would be good if new feature releases included a step by step tutorial with a common use case.  In addition, detailed documentation about new MDA objects and how they interrelate would be helpful as well.  The more "under the hood" details admins understand the better they understand the features.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Jeff, We are finalizing a new object glossary and expect to publish it next week, which should help. I also wanted to point out that some of the newer more advanced functionality, such as AO and Bionic Rules, is also being addressed through free live virtual trainings. You can view the schedule and register here
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
We just published this Object Glossary which contains details about the most frequently used objects and their fields.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
FYI to all the Community Champions and Super Admins - we recently updated our course listing on the Gainsight Customer Success University - http://customersuccessuniversity.gainsight.com/catalog

Advanced training topics around Bionic Rules, Advanced Outreaches and other topics are now included (and free!).

Also new is a series called Gainsight 101, 102 and 103 that is designed to help train your new users. While you'll still need to explain your company's unique business processes, you can now leverage this online training to help your newbies understand basic Gainsight fundamentals, navigation, etc.