Solved

Mandatory fields in CTA

• 8 September 2016
  • 6 replies

For the CSAM in Adobe, they would like the team will fill in certain fields when they talk to a customer and close a CTA. However, they are not able to ensure those fields are filled in because there is no setting to set the field mandatory. I believe this is a very common feature that we should consider soon. 
icon

Best answer by nitisha_rathi 2 December 2016, 08:30

View original

6 replies

Hi Eva,

This enhancement will be available in Fall release. Admin will be able to mark fields as mandatory while configuring CTA layout and a validation will be done before closing the CTA. The CTA will not be allowed to close unless all mandatory fields are filled.

Thanks,

Nitisha
thats awesome! is there any limitation on this one? Adobe links couple objects to the CTA. can we make those fields mandatory as well? or just CTA tab?
Hi Eva,

No limitations, this feature will be available for linked objects too.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Hi,

This feature is available now.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Hi Nitisha,

My CSMs are running into this issue closing CTAs with mandatory fields that aren't highlighted. As an Admin, how can I emphasize mandatory fields and or disable?

Best,

Schuyler
Badge +1

Has the last comment on this thread been addressed or added to the roadmap?

At this time, a user isn’t made aware that a field is ‘Close Mandatory’ until they attempt to close the CTA. While we can train the CSMs to address this issue, it is a lot to remember exactly which fields are required on all the different types of CTAs they encounter. It would be incredibly beneficial is there was some kind of indicator within the CTA for all fields that are ‘Close Mandatory’ while it is still open.