Solved

Journey Orchestrator: Weekly Account Emails to CSM, multiple per CSM

• 20 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

We have a weekly reports email that can send by account to CSMs. CSMs opt in by account by selecting a drop-down in a custom field on the company object. 

Journey Orchestrator allows users to enter on every number of days, but when I select that, it eliminates sending more than one email even if the CSM has opted in to have multiple accounts sent.

How can I set this up to run weekly and for CSMs to have multiple emails each week? Do I have to load all CSMs to the exception?

icon

Best answer by alex_legay 21 April 2020, 20:42

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

In your uniqueness criteria, you’ll want the CSM and the Account so that it will continue sending emails until all CSMs and Accounts have been exhausted.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@john_apple  how can it be then set to run every week? When I try to set it so that a participant email can be sent every 7 days, it only allows to send one email per person per round. 

I want this to run automatically every Monday. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

@andreammelde, Synching the source on a schedule every week should accomplish this(screenshot). Then as John mentioned, having the uniqueness criteria set to csm and account name or id should suffice here. The key here will be to ensure the participants end up in a completed status by the next time the sync runs. If it is a one step program, this won’t be an issue. With that in mind, you would want enable the setting to allow participants back in after completing the program based on their uniqueness criteria(screenshot).

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

with this program, we are running into email/ company combo no longer receiving emails. when i look at the logs, it fails participants bc they are already in the participant list. the last time the emails send there is an error or a drop. seems that since they do not make the completed status, which was set as the Entry Criteria, they are not coming back in the sync. how do we ensure that they will come back in? do i need to include more Entry Criteria status? since this is a simple email send, we do not really care what the previous state was for the next scheduled sync