Journey Orchestrator - trigger per account, not participant

Related products: None

Hi All,

A quick question regarding JO - we use it for auto-renewing our low-touch accounts where the program is fairly simple:

- bring in participants (billing contacts) who have now failed to renew, send them final 30 days notification - then wait for 30 days - check if they have renewed in the last 30 days, if still overdue, send an internal Termination notice to start the suspension process.  

The termination notice goes to our Internal team  - the issue being that more often than not, we have multiple billing contacts on file and so when one account fails to renew, there are multiple/duplicate termination notices being generated - one per each billing contact rather than per account ( albeit they all are sent to an internal email address). 

Is there a way to ensure only one termination email is sent out per account rather than per participant? I know the program journey is tracked per participant so I guess there isn't  a way to do this but it would be really useful functionality.

Thanks

Katerina 

@katerina_nemcova Thanks for sharing the use-case here. I will work on it and let you know.

One way we could try out is by creating two programs. Use the participants (who did not renew) from the first program as a source in the second program and add the uniqueness criteria as “Account”. Send the internal emails from this second program.

@katerina_nemcova did you get chance to view the comments here?

Yes I did but the only suggestion here it to create 2 programs which is what we are trying to move away from - too many programs already. if this can be achieved in one, great.

Thanks.

Making programs more dynamic with multiple paths is on the roadmap. In the meantime, the two program workaround should help you.

@katerina_nemcova changed this to idea for better tracking purpose. 

+1

Looking for an update on this.  Our use case is similar to the one above, but it would also help for one  @sarahmiracle and I discussed for emails where the customer responds and asks for it to be sent to another contact, but that contact actually did get, but the first contact doesn’t know that since the emails are sent separately. @spencer_engel for viz too!

Looking for an update on this.  Our use case is similar to the one above, but it would also help for one  @sarahmiracle and I discussed for emails where the customer responds and asks for it to be sent to another contact, but that contact actually did get, but the first contact doesn’t know that since the emails are sent separately. @spencer_engel for viz too!

@PavanCh for the latest on this

We also have a use case where we would like to send our emails one time, to all participants on a given account. Similar to what was recently implemented with timeline activities in Gainsight > if multiple emails are sent, only one timeline entry is logged. We want to send one email to the customer with all participants CC’d.

100% on all of this.