Question

JO program CTA creation failing

• 17 September 2021
  • 9 replies

Hi all - I’m hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction on this, as I’m not getting anywhere with Support. 

I have a JO program that triggers a CTA to be created and assigned to a CSM for a segment of survey respondents. The participant list is set up, and I’m seeing no obvious errors in the Create CTA program step, but when I run the program to test it, the CTA is not being created. Here’s a look at that step:

I double checked the participant list preview, and the CSM ID is present and the related custom field mapping is set up correctly:

I’m new to Gainsight CS, so I’m not exactly sure what I’m overlooking here. Need to fix this ASAP as I’m on deadline for the related project - please help!

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@ltaylormomentfeed what do you have in the step for how long the survey responses should be considered?  Last option in the conditional wait before the respond section?  In my experience, the CTAs won’t generate until that number of days.  For that reason, I usually just use the Rules Engine to create my CTAs for NPS because I have them be more real-time.

@heather_hansen Good question. There’s actually no conditional wait step preceding this, the Create CTA step is the first step of the program. (This was configured w/the help of the COM on our account so I assumed it was correct...now I’m having second thoughts.) 

Let me know what you’d suggest!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@ltaylormomentfeed If it’s just a CTA, I would probably use the Rules Engine, and use the flattened survey object for that survey to pull all the same fields you have in the JO, and then, your action would be Call to Action using the details you have in the your first screenshot.  Can you screenshot your JO process map?  Want to make sure I’m not missing anything and steering you wrong.  

@heather_hansen yep, it’s a bit more complex than that, unfortunately:

TL;DR - the above is a test version. For prod, if the CTA isn’t closed in 2 business days, it triggers an escalation email to management. But it’s still a pretty simplistic flow in my mind… I am 500% worse at Rules Engine, I’m afraid. (Used to working in Salesforce, don’t find Gainsight CS rules nearly as intuitive.) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@ltaylormomentfeed Interesting.  Ok.  So, that flow makes sense.  I don’t see anything offhand that would cause the CTA not to be created. The only other time I’ve seen it fail is when one of the tokens in the CTA comments is missing a value in your query, but that doesn’t seem to be the case either.  If you added in tokens after you synced the participant list the first time, you might also want to re-sync them again and see if that helps.  We do have a Global Admin Slack community with quickhelp channel that’s a great resource for questions (and issues) like this if you want to join and see if someone there has some additional experience with this.  

https://join.slack.com/t/globalgainsightadmins/shared_invite/zt-o5luxmye-VObhrh_BrJU6yyKMmTLiaw

@heather_hansen Good eye - turns out this was the issue. I removed the bad token, and the test successfully brought in the test participant, but for some reason the CTA still isn’t being created. 

Thanks for pointing me to that Slack channel. Trying to get anything done in Gainsight has been an uphill battle over the last several months, and I’ve already gotten more useful feedback from you on this thread than I have from my entire account team during that time. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

When you hit the Activity button, there is an option to see ‘Participant Activity’.

From there you should be able to see where your journey is stalling out. The way your JO is laid out, any account that is pulled in via Sources should generate a CTA regardless of whether or not the CSM mapping is set up correctly. Lindsay will get all of the CTAs without a CSM.

Any clues in there?

Hey there - @heather_hansen - another (hopefully quick) question:

So, I gave up on the JO for now and created a Rule to create the CTA. This worked, except for the following: 

• I can’t seem to set up custom field mapping to plug in the CSM’s GSID into the CTA’s Owner ID, and am unable to select any other options.

• Since there’s no obvious (to me) place to map fields from the intial query, the tokens I need to appear in the CTA don’t pull in any info. 

I could’ve sworn I’d seen field mapping in Rules before for fields brought in by a query, but for the life of me I can’t locate it now. What obvious thing am I missing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hey there - @heather_hansen - another (hopefully quick) question:

So, I gave up on the JO for now and created a Rule to create the CTA. This worked, except for the following: 

• I can’t seem to set up custom field mapping to plug in the CSM’s GSID into the CTA’s Owner ID, and am unable to select any other options.

• Since there’s no obvious (to me) place to map fields from the intial query, the tokens I need to appear in the CTA don’t pull in any info. 

I could’ve sworn I’d seen field mapping in Rules before for fields brought in by a query, but for the life of me I can’t locate it now. What obvious thing am I missing?

I believe your issue is that you are on SFDC edition, not NXT. So in both cases (JO and Rules Engine), you need to be mapping the SFDC User ID, not the GSID. That should solve the issue in both cases.