Question

JO in renewal notifications

• 30 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello, a newbie here but I thought I would ask…

Anyone using JO for auto renewal notifications? I wonder if I can set up JO so it sends renewal notifications to our clients 90 day before the date? However what I would need to have included in the notification is a different pricing for each of the clients (that is not standard calculation and currently manually calculated to take into account different variables)?

Would anyont have similar case study? How did you go about it? 

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi Aniaz, we don’t have that kind of JO program at the moment, but I can think of a workaround to do this:

• Create the JO template with a token field for your renewal value, let's call it X
  • Create a Specific Activity in Timeline (Y) with a required field to capture the manual renewal value that you need (Z)
  • Then, using Rules Engine, trigger a CTA to alert the user responsible to set the value Z that the renewal is due in let’s say 100 days (you can also add a Playbook with the tasks that the user has to perform) → The user will have log into Timeline the Activity Y, and then you will have your Z value captured.
  • When Defining Audience In Journey Orchestrator you’ll merge the Objects that you need (eg Company Person + Activity Timeline) to bring in all the fields that you need, including Z
  • Finally, in your template you can map the token X to variable Z 

Hope this helps!