Solved

JO: If you pause a program and then restart, will the participants get the next email?

• 2 December 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

We paused a program to fix the auto-reply email after a participant takes a survey. During the program being paused, we had more surveys taken. When we start the program back up, will they receive the corrected follow up email? We want to make sure they 1: receive the correct email or 2: receive no email and we can follow up with them separately.

icon

Best answer by sai_ram 9 December 2020, 20:04

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

This was confirmed if a participant responds to a survey while the program is paused, they do not move forward and receive the follow-up email and be completed.

This is not intuitive and does not make sense. If a person responds to a survey while the program is paused and then the program is restarted, they should continue in the program. 

With this, the participant is stuck in an “active” state when really there are no more actions that will occur.

Would this also affect the participant from receiving a CTA?

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

They should continue on the program journey once the program is Active again but I’m not sure if it happens immediately or at then next time the Program syncs.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@john_apple what do you mean the next time the program syncs? Like if I sync the participant list?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

We paused a program to fix the auto-reply email after a participant takes a survey. During the program being paused, we had more surveys taken. When we start the program back up, will they receive the corrected follow up email? We want to make sure they 1: receive the correct email or 2: receive no email and we can follow up with them separately.

@andreammelde sorry, this is not the expected behaviour, looks like it is a bug. I will update you here once this fixed. Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@sai_ram  this is definitely a bug.

We received reports that these users are now receiving follow-up reminders to take the survey. I believe this is because their status was never changed to COMPLETE so they are continuing to move through the program as though they never took the survey. This is not a good experience for our customers

CC:

@john_apple 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@sai_ram  this is definitely a bug.

We received reports that these users are now receiving follow-up reminders to take the survey. I believe this is because their status was never changed to COMPLETE so they are continuing to move through the program as though they never took the survey. This is not a good experience for our customers

CC:

@john_apple

@andreammelde sorry for the inconvenience caused and completely agreed.  Accepting this as a bug and redirecting this to our team. 

Badge

@sai_ram - Just curious to know. Could you please confirm if this bug has been fixed? if not, what is the ETA?