Question

JO for Contact Updates

• 30 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Hi GS Community.

I attended a JO virtual class last week and the instructor mentioned that some folks will do a JO and will send a report of our contacts we have for their company. Then the company to review who we show as key contacts and update.

(ie. I want to send all my companies a current contact list but when FRED opens the current contacts report we have at the Quarry but when Fred opens the list I provide, how do I ensure the report that Fred looks at is only for the Quarry and is not seeing Barney’s contacts at wherever Barney works)

The instructor was not able to provide more information on how to build such a contact report to include in the JO so that when the company reviews who we currently have as contacts they only see their contacts.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations on how you send a JO for your companies to review your current contacts?

Thanks in advance.  (If it’s easier, I can send you my email address)

Amy Hollen

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @ahollen when you add the report to the template in the program, you can click on the gear icon and add a filter to the report to limit to only the current company.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I’ll add based on my own experience and my high interest in privacy: this works only if you have the confidence that you don’t have contacts added to the wrong company for whatever reason (one of these reasons could be called Lean Data) as if you don’t, it could turn into a privacy nightmare.