Question

JO Emails and Yesware

• 10 September 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

We use Yesware to track customer emails, and we were trying to incorporate some CTAs for CSMs based on whether or not the customer had replied to a JO email coming from the CSM.  So, for our specific use case:  Customer responds as a detractor to NPS survey.  We sent a follow up email from JO from the CSM asking to set up a call to discuss further.  We then engineered the rule to create the CTA to look for a Reply in SF (from Yesware).  It appears that if the email doesn’t originate from Yesware, this doesn’t happen, so we can’t seem to figure out a way to know if the customer responded to that email. 

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas to capture that email reply?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I’m not sure I fully understand what’s happening. If Yesware emails are loading to SFDC, you should be able to query it with a rule. Are you saying you can’t find the Yesware email in SFDC through the rule?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@jean.nairon Yes, so I’m guessing since we are sending via GS that we aren’t picking up the Yesware token and passing it, so the email never gets logged by Yesware in SF which means we can’t use a rule to find it.  Ideally, we’d like to be able to track replies to JO emails which is why we were hoping Yesware would work with it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@jean.nairon Yes, so I’m guessing since we are sending via GS that we aren’t picking up the Yesware token and passing it, so the email never gets logged by Yesware in SF which means we can’t use a rule to find it.  Ideally, we’d like to be able to track replies to JO emails which is why we were hoping Yesware would work with it.

Interesting use case. Let’s see any other customer has faced this kind of use case and if yes, how they implemented.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@heather_hansen - I’d recommend following the data along through Yesware, SFDC, and Gainsight so that you can find things get broken. It sounds like there is something that’s stopping it from getting recorded correctly in SFDC for JO to pick it up.