JO Conditional Wait No Path Should Allow More Than One Step

Related products: None

I’m trying to design a survey program that will launch multiple actions that vary based on the response to a single question.

Response A: Send confirmation email to responder, Create CTA, send email to CSM

Response B: Send confirmation email to responder, Create CTA

Response C: Send confirmation email to responder, Create CTA

Response D: Send confirmation email to responder, Create CTA, send email to CSM

These are 4 distinct paths. All CTAs will be named differently with different actions. Response A and D will have different playbooks and Response B+C will have the same playbook. Each confirmation email to the responder differs based on response as does the email to the CSM, and variants aren’t an option given the actual survey response is not an available field in variant filtering (even though specific response can be used in conditional wait logic...).

This should be an easy task if the ‘No Path’ of a Conditional wait step allowed for linear progression, but it’s very limited in One Action + Continue or End. The best way I can think to solve for this is to repeat all No paths for each action for each response type. Is there a better way to go about this? This is less than ideal.

I have a similar setup that is providing a conditional wait with No resulting in a continue that skips to the next conditional wait and so on. I’d be interested if there was a simplification. If Calculated Fields could be used in variant filtering, I’d have an easier setup.

FYI @nitisha_rathi 

@john_apple - can you explain more what you’re trying to accomplish - do all contacts need both an email and a CTA, or do some only need an email, all need the email but some need the CTA? What is it looking for in the conditional wait?

Hi @kelly - The Conditional Wait looks for changes on three different values (A, B, C). If A is NO then they would receive the first email, all others should skip. If A is YES and B and C are NO, then the second email would be sent, all others skip. And if If A is Yes and B OR C are Yes, then the third email would be sent. (There is no way that A could be NO and B or C YES).

The last conditional wait assesses if A is still NO and if their Health Score is low which results in a CTA, all others End.

Ah I had a thought in mind but given that all possibilities need to make it the final conditional wait, it wouldn’t work. 

@kelly ability to create multiple paths in the program is on our road map. I will update here once we consider it for release. Thanks for posting!

Has there been an update on whether or not this will be added to JO?

@maasplund Thanks for the note! We have added this to our road-map. My estimation would be the end of this year. Thanks!

Any update on this one? It’s so frustratingly limiting what can be accomplished in JO.

It’s borderline impossible to be able to dictate separate actions on these two email steps because they return to a single conditional wait step (I want two different paths based on clicked/not clicked for both emails). I’m attempting a combination of conditional waits + wait steps to try to accomplish what could easily be accomplish if paths continued linearly rather than rejoining (or at least be able to dictate where it can be rejoined). 

I know there’s been a lot of advisory boards around email but seems to be very few updates around JO, I’d love to know when we can expect some updates on this area of Gainsight.

@PavanCh may be you could share an update here?