Question

JO Analytics reporting - custom dashboard

• 15 April 2020
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Hello!

Our team is looking for a custom dashboard to view & download stats from JO Programs. The out of the box does not allow people to filter by Account names/CSMs/download who opened what etc so we need to build a custom dashboard.

My understanding is that AO Email and AO Participants are the two objects to use but I am not able to get few key fields like Open/Delivery rates. Even tried to create a custom formula in AO Emails but this did not seem possible.  

Another issue I found is that whilst EMAIL LOGS object has the actual links a person clicked on, I cannot find this in the two mentioned objects. And we cannot use Email Logs in reporting. 

Has anyone managed to achieve this? Is there a way other than via Data Designer / creating a new object were I feed multiple AO objects?

Below is a quick draft of what we’re trying to build.

Thanks

Katerina 

7 replies

Hello!

Our team is looking for a custom dashboard to view & download stats from JO Programs. The out of the box does not allow people to filter by Account names/CSMs/download who opened what etc so we need to build a custom dashboard.

My understanding is that AO Email and AO Participants are the two objects to use but I am not able to get few key fields like Open/Delivery rates. Even tried to create a custom formula in AO Emails but this did not seem possible.  

Another issue I found is that whilst EMAIL LOGS object has the actual links a person clicked on, I cannot find this in the two mentioned objects. And we cannot use Email Logs in reporting. 

Has anyone managed to achieve this? Is there a way other than via Data Designer / creating a new object were I feed multiple AO objects?

Below is a quick draft of what we’re trying to build.

Thanks

Katerina 

@katerina_nemcova This post is very timely since we planning to revamp program analytics. Thanks for the inputs. In the meantime you can build a dashboard with these reports and you should be able to get all of this data (except participant reports) from Email Logs object. AO Participants objects will have the details of all participants. Also, you can use Email Logs in reporting. Do let us know if you are facing any issues?

Badge +1

Thanks @nitisha_rathi - I’ve now built the dashboard using Data designer combining Email Stats and Company Person objects. It seems to work well, it’s not as sexy as the main Program Analytics dashboard but still provides our team with the data they need. 

The only challenge I still have is replicating charts - trending over time e.g. having multiple KPIs (Send/Open/Click/Unsubscribe) on one graph showing timeframe on x-axis and displaying the correct results for all the KPIs. For example if a program is sent to 500 participants on 1st April, and then  opened across 6 days. I am yet to find a way to display this correctly in a line graph as choosing the “Send On” date works for sent KPI but not for open, and using the “Opened On” field works for Opened showing the number of emails opened across the 6 days but does not show all 500 sent email on the 1st, only those that were actually opened on that day. 

Any help with this would be much appreciated. Thanks  

Katerina 

@nitisha_rathi , we have same issue that we don’t have a straight forward way of getting the JO analytics we need, today the analytics dashboard to be honest ,  isn’t really good, you can’t customize it, you can’t export the raw data and i couldn’t find a way either to replicate it via report builder.  

any timelines for the new analytics dashboard? will it be more flexible ? being able to export data?

thanks in advance

Rozi 

Userlevel 2

Having such dashboard would make more meaning to the business. We would like to have the facility of exporting the data, customizing the dashboard for JO Analytics, and we must be able to share the dashboard via email. 

Userlevel 4

Hello @kumaranbcak @katerina_nemcova 

We have redesigned JO program analytics which addresses exporting capability, also not showing up all data but provide ability to filter through different attributes and date range. I will share the screenshot in upcoming week.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @chethana 

Is there any update on this?

Also, are there any plans of having such dashboards OOB?

This is exactly the same issue I’m experiencing with building in Report Builder but I’m also very new to Gainsight! Has anyone been able to find a way to show Send/Open/Click/Unsubscribe on one graph by WoW or MoM?

I also haven’t been able to figure out how to visualize Participants being brought into a JO program WoW - any help would be so appreciated! Thank you.