Solved

How to stop an advanced outreach run while active participants finish their journey?

• 9 July 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Is this possible? I have an AO that needs to be updated (both the query and email variants) so I will copy my active AO to make the changes, then I'd like to disable it and launch the new one while still letting participants finish out their journey - is this possible?

The only solution I can think of is to change the schedule and push out a start date far into the future - but would it even allow me to change the start date, or just the time that it runs?
icon

Best answer by meenal_shukla 9 July 2018, 23:17

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
If you mark the outreach as 'Complete', no new participants will be added to the outreach, but participants within the cycle will complete this process. Further configurations are not possible, and the outreach cannot be started again. Typically this is used for logging analytics of a particular time period that the Advanced Outreach was running. Link to the support article here: https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/CoPilot_and_Automated_Email/Admin_Configuration/...
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
Is marking it paused or stopped required prior to marking it complete? My only statuses available are Active/Pause/Stop.
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
You are right and sorry for not being clear. Pausing and Stopping with not complete the outreach for every participant. It will stop them where they are.

If you change the participant sync option to the first, the participants would stop coming in. That will be the first step.

For the remaining participants, you would need to wait until they complete their journey. 
Userlevel 6
Badge +2
So, to confirm I will change the power list from the scheduler to the first choice, any current participants will finish their journey, and then I will have the option to mark it complete?
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
They will be automatically marked as complete as soon as they finish their journey.