Solved

How does the Advanced Outreach "repeat X times" work?

Badge
  • Shoshin
  • 314 replies
We are setting up our first Advanced Outreach (yay!) and I have a question on how the repeat loop works. It gives me an option to put in a numerical value for number of times the follow-up email is sent. I would like this to send only once. After another X day wait period, it would end the outreach for that contact.

Would I put in "0" or "1" to accomplish this?

Screenshot attached. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by praneet 13 June 2017, 21:53

View original

12 replies

Hi Ben,

Thanks for reaching out, you should set Repeat to 1, if you just want to send one reminder to customer. We are working towards changing this label to Send Email ______ times.

I also see another issue with the configuration that you posted here is Event: Survey Responded for Survey Email -- Wait for 1 Days. This wait period should be the total time you would like to wait for user to respond for Survey before ending his lifecycle in this Advanced Outreach. If you set it to 1, user will never get reminder as its lifecycle will end after 1 day and your reminder is set for 14 days.
Badge
Thank you Praneet! That is great advice. So my goal is to give the contact 14 days to reply to the survey. If they haven't, then give them a reminder. Then wait another 7 days. If they still haven't, then end their outreach. 

Would this screenshot capture that goal?

Also, does the received completed survey to Gainsight trigger the Thank You email?

Ben,

In case you want to wait for another 7 days after reminder email and then end their outreach, you should set Wait for time-period as 22 Days. It should solve the problem.

The customer will receive Thank you email as soon as they respond to Survey(almost real-time), it will also send Thank you email even if their lifecycle has ended but responds to Survey.
Badge
Great! Thank you for helping. I love the power of this new functionality. With that said, I would agree that some of the labels could be more self-explanatory.

Appreciate your help!
Just to add another tip here, Survey site link used in Survey Publish screen should have Require Secure Connections (HTTPS)  -- Enabled. You should also use the new secure url (i.e. in format https://sitename.secure.force.com) as part of Survey URL settings in order to capture Survey Page open and Survey responded notification at Advanced Outreach level.

Refer to screenshot below

Badge
Praneet, thank you for jumping in to help! I'm passing this input on to Lila, too, so that we can ensure our documentation and tutorials are clear. I agree that some of this could be more intuitive. This is a GREAT feature, so we want to make it as easy as possible to use!

Tracy
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks, everyone. We've made several updates to our support articles based on this thread.
Badge +1
if we put in zero days for wait time will that not allow anyone to take the survey?
It will allow customers to take survey but their lifecycle will get completed as soon as they get added
Badge +1
so the lifecycle completes but the survey link is still active? If I put in 30 days in the wait for section will the link stop working for that contact after 30 days or will it still be active forever? I know we have the ability to put an end date on a survey but these are perpetual surveys.
Yes the survey will still remain active and it will record back if customer has responded or opened survey email both at AO and Survey. In order to expire the link in 30 days we are also doing enhancement at Survey level to expire link in x days after the link has been sent.(This will be part of Summer Release)
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi everyone, just want to give you a head's up that we are running Adv. Outreach office hours today, and next week:

• Thursday, July 6 at 9:00 - 11AM PT -- Sign up 
  • Thursday, July 13 at 9:00 - 11AM PT -- Sign up
Hosted by Praneet Chandra, Product Manager, and resident CoPilot and Survey expert. Bring your Adv. Outreach questions to open office hours!