How do you report on individual people who have clicked on links in JO?

Related products: CS Journey Orchestrator, Email & Notifications

I’ve run into just about every roadblock I can think of with this issue. I have a customer who wants to see a report of each individual who clicks on an email sent via Journey Orchestrator. 

First, I was told that Email Raw Events was the place to go, which did seem to have the right information at least. However, this object is 5+ years old, and its main identifier is called “Batch ID,” which as far as I can tell doesn’t link back with any newer objects. What I need to do is take the info from Email Raw Events and merge some information from AO Emails into it, but for the life of me I can’t figure out what the common identifiers are, even after exporting a bunch of this data to Excel. 

I’ve also tried Email Logs and Email Log V2, neither of which seem to get me where I need either. Help?

Adding @bradybluhm’s summary:

Granular Link Tracking of JO Emails

Currently, Admins are only able to access Last Link Clicked using AO Participant Activity. Allowing users access to the data around all links clicked and other granular email data like whether the person Replied to the email, etc. will allow:
1. For more sophisticated and accurate programs (improving conditional waits)
2. The better firing of follow-up awareness triggers with Rules Engine
3. The creation of better reporting on the efficacy of our programs to measure and improve them.

@spencer_engel I’m using AO Participant Activity for a similar use case.  I’m able to filter on the Outreach, and then, use the Last Email Link Clicked to view the link that was clicked.

Thanks @heather_hansen. I think that gets me close enough, although I don’t think I’m able to see multiple clicks by one person in a JO, right? Still struggling to see how I could build that, but I appreciate your help!

@spencer_engel When you use AO Emails as your base object can you traverse to any other objects?

Maybe I didn’t understand your requirements right, but I could make a report filtering on the advanced outreach ID to see breakdown of who clicked vs didn’t, by pulling in Participant ID info into the drill down. Maybe this is what you’ve already tried though:

I believe Email ID and Email Subject are options to filter down to individual emails.

Thanks @bradley. That gets me close. The issue is that I’m still being restricted to just seeing the most recent email clicked.

So if the customer has, say, 4 separate links in one email template, and a participant clicks on all 4 links, the customer will only be able to see that participant’s most recent link clicked and won’t have visibility into the other 3.

Gotcha, we’re distinguishing between emails clicked on (which I think is basically email opened) vs. URLs within an email/emails clicked on. And you’re more concerned with reporting on the status of the individual URLs, whether or not they’ve been clicked. I was understanding it more from the former not the latter.

I haven’t done enough URL click-tracking through GS to help with that particular piece, sorry :/

I’m also trying to figure this out. Within the email template, there is an option to enable link tracking and add a code for each URL. How do we report on these URLs and review which users clicked on these? Use case is we’re trying to get ahead of ‘clicking bots’ in survey emails to be able to delete non-human responses proactively. A high number of clicks on different URLs would hint towards that.

P.S. Hi Spencer :) 

@spencer_engel I am something similar I am looking at, but for if a link is not clicked. IE I want to see of the 4 links we tracked, how did they stack including if they were not clicked. Do you know if this is possible?

Hi Andrea - I’m not sure. I don’t think I ever did get my original issue figured out either.

@philipmurray This feels closely related to the topic of our conversation earlier of more precise click data in standard JO emails.

@vijay @anirbandutta  Not sure if this is Vijay Mallya, the PM for JO, but I think this feedback should be available, so I am going to add it to ProductBoard with GS Product Feature requests to track and will add the link to this page to hopefully drive PM visibility.

I created a Product Feature Request and linked to this thread for additional context. @anirbandutta can we convert this from a question a Feature Request?

Granular Link Tracking of JO Emails

Currently, Admins are only able to access Last Link Clicked using AO Participant Activity. Allowing users access to the data around all links clicked and other granular email data like whether the person Replied to the email, etc. will allow:
1. For more sophisticated and accurate programs (improving conditional waits)
2. The better firing of follow-up awareness triggers with Rules Engine
3. The creation of better reporting on the efficacy of our programs to measure and improve them.

I created a Product Feature Request and linked to this thread for additional context. @anirbandutta can we convert this from a question a Feature Request?

Done. Thank you for the summary Brady.

Have there been any updates on this one?