Solved

Guidance on non-roman languages in email?

• 21 October 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello - looking for user stories on your use of supporting language support roll out, specifically non-roman character languages (Chinese, Japanese, Korean).

Tip and tricks for email assist and journey orchestrator emails? How do you account for character rendering, how do you build your templates? Appreciate any lessons learned as I look to enable our global CSMs.

icon

Best answer by jean.nairon 24 December 2020, 20:31

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@gunjanm and @jean.nairon need your inputs here. You can tag others here.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @kelly

We have CSMs across the globe and in Asia, they document all their timeline activities and CTA tasks in their native language. 

We don’t send translated emails in Journey Orchestrator however I have helped other companies set this up. If you track language on a contact or company record, you can send different language emails around the world. 

Journey Orchestrator gives you the ability to do HTML. If the characters render correctly in HTML, they will render correctly in the email template. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@kelly Similar to what @jean.nairon mentioned, you could use variants on email templates based on the Language in order to determine which to send where. I’m not certain how this would apply in the case of using the Google Chrome Assist Email App though. 

@keith_mattes or @heather_hansen any ideas here? 

End Proctoring-

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@jean.nairon and @gunjanm Thanks for your inputs here! 

@kelly did you get a chance to view the comments here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@kelly I have used email variants similar to the way @jean.nairon and @gunjanm mentioned.  I did just test the variants with the Chrome plug-in, and it only pulls the first one, so you’d have to create separate ones if you want to have them use the templates via Gmail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@heather_hansen thanks for the note and heads up on the variants in the chrome extension - that’s no fun! 

End Proctoring-

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I think we are also trying to request Folder Organization within the Chrome plugin since it can be a bit cumbersome to search and scroll through a whole lot of templates instead of grouping in logical Bins :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi all, thanks for the responses. Sorry, my questions weren’t around variants, more the rendering of characters, looking to see if anyone faces issues. I’ve never worked with non-roman characters in html before, but I did some testing and think I have a handle on ensuring it renders correctly.