Solved

Gainsight Assist Chrome Plugin: Unable to Get it to Display Consistently

• 3 December 2020
  • 16 replies

Badge +2

Hi all,

Anyone else experiencing issues with getting the chrome plugin to show/display consistently? Multiple refreshes along with uninstall/re-installs don’t fix the issue. I have a hunch it may be due to Okta, but my tests show it’s still not visible even after logging in via Okta. 

We’re using the latest version (1.3) and Chrome is up to date (Version 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (x86_64)).

It seems to show up and disappear on its own and I’ve yet to figure out why. 

icon

Best answer by Justin Bills 3 March 2021, 14:47

View original

16 replies

Badge +2

Update: I’ve been able to get it show somewhat consistently if I remove / re-add the extension. It still disappears though if the page gets refreshed (a few times it stayed, but another refresh and it’s gone again). 

I also noticed that after logging in, I don’t see the green box on the icon that indicates I successfully logged in. Not sure if that helps, but it’s something I saw that’s not consistent with the documentation.

Userlevel 4

Hello @puna 
Thanks for bringing it to our notice, we will check this.Please help us with below details

• Is there any other plugin/extension in use ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@puna is the issue solved or do you still see the issue? 

Badge +2

@sai_ram 

Just checked in with our CSM team and can confirm the plugin has been consistently showing for them. Thanks for checking back in on this!

Userlevel 4

Hello @puna 

We are checking this, please allow me to get back to you on this.

Badge +2

Hello - I wanted to add to this.  I’m reporting the same thing happening with some of my CSMs/Implementation team members.  Seems to just be very inconsistent.  Reinstalling works temporarily, but it inevitably disappears again.  

Any ideas as to why this keeps happening?  Any planned updates to fix this?

Userlevel 4

Hello @Justin Bills 
Can you please raise a support ticket for this, we have released a fix for this last week. We can help you better with exact use case details.

Badge +2

Hello @Justin Bills 
Can you please raise a support ticket for this, we have released a fix for this last week. We can help you better with exact use case details.

Absolutely!  Thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hello @Justin Bills 

Absolutely!  Thank you! 

@Justin Bills is your query solved? Please let us know if you need help. 

Badge +2

Hello @Justin Bills 

Absolutely!  Thank you! 

@Justin Bills is your query solved? Please let us know if you need help. 

Good morning!  So far so good.  I had the reps who were experiencing reinstall and everything looks pretty good right now! 

Hi @sai_ram looks like this issue has reappeared once again. Can you advise if there is a fix for this please.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

This is so very frustrating.  Gainsight Assist is highly unreliable. I am on the latest version of both Chrome and the GA plugin and this is what I see (image below).  It comes and goes without any predictability or identifiable rhyme/reason. I have consulted with support - they can never figure it out. The suggestion is always “remove and reinstall the plugin” which is not a good resolution.  (No I don’t have Salesloft plugin installed)

What can be done to make this more stable?   FYI @anirbandutta 

Userlevel 2

@darkknight I just followed up with the Engineering team on this and they said there was a support ticket too for the same. So, they have already worked on a fix and in the process of validating it. Once done, they will push it to Chrome to validate and publish and that takes another day or two. Please allow time until mid next week or so and I will provide you another update. 

Support ticket link: https://gainsight.atlassian.net/browse/GE-119883

Appreciate your patience!

FYI @anirbandutta 

Badge +4

Want to follow up here that we also have CSMs having Assist plugin issues recently. Their only fix is to remove the plugin, reinstall, and reauthenticate. We look forward to a fix! Please follow up here when it is available to users.

Userlevel 2

@darkknight @jrich 

We have pushed Chrome V3 today. Please update your GS Assist chrome extension and let us know if the issue still persists. 

More details on why this happened:

Gmail rolled out frequent UI changes in 2022 which broke our code. The latest change on their UI resulted in a delay in loading the container where Gainsight application is embedded. The latest fix we have pushed should take care of this issue.

cc @anirbandutta 

Badge +4

@darkknight @jrich 

We have pushed Chrome V3 today. Please update your GS Assist chrome extension and let us know if the issue still persists. 

More details on why this happened:

Gmail rolled out frequent UI changes in 2022 which broke our code. The latest change on their UI resulted in a delay in loading the container where Gainsight application is embedded. The latest fix we have pushed should take care of this issue.

cc @anirbandutta 

Thank you for the update @arunabhat !  I have asked my CSMs to update and hoping this solves the issues.