Question

Email replies on Conditional waits

• 3 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi community,

While not new to Gainsight, I’m pretty new to JO, so please bear with me. :)

I’m creating an Email Chain program, and while configuring a “Conditional Wait” I see the list of events that are available, and noticed that “Email not replied to” is not an option. 

Is there any way around this? 

Thanks in advance all! 

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi @andr_raposo -- there isn’t an easy built-in solution to leverage Conditional Wait for replies. I’ve found that Email Not Opened is a fairly decent proxy, though not perfect. Since replies aren’t coming back to Gainsight directly, there is no automatic tracking of email replies.

You could encourage people to log replies to Timeline and then try to tie that data back into a query that can be used in a Calculated Field for a Conditional Wait. The limitation with this is that there likely is going to be delay from when a reply occurs to when it logs to Timeline and is available for query in Journey Orchestrator.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@john_apple would love to see an outline for how to configure the timeline reply logging into a calculated field for conditional wait, if that’s a recommended workaround

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@sarahmiracle  This is how I would attempt it. 🙂. Go into the Conditional Wait and select New Calculated Field, select the Activity Timeline object, and then, build out to get it a 0 or a value. @john_apple feel free to correct if there’s an easier way.  I’ve never done it, but that’s what I was thinking.  You’d probably also want to include a Date in the filter to be after the send date of the Outreach or use the Subject to filter as well to make sure you grab the right email.