Discussion Question!đź‘‚ What have you always wanted to try in JO?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
  • Gainsight Employee: ACE
  • 548 replies

I feel like JO can do so much that there’s always ideas bumping around the back of my mind that I’ve never gotten around to trying.

For me, for example: When a CSM adds a certain Timeline activity or completes a CTA task, it’s basically a way that they’re manually subscribing a customer to a drip campaign of info about a certain feature.

What about you?? What’s one thing you’ve never done with JO, but you think it’d just be so cool?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Have a single program run more than once a day! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Another thing that would be great is the ability to easily trigger a program with another program - If you’re familiar with process builder or workflows in Salesforce (I forget what they call them now) this is sort of a similar idea and in fact, if you wanted to go all out wouldn’t be limited to program to program interaction.

The short version of a use case here is tech/digital touch customers and their onboarding:

• First program sends out a welcome email
  • Second program looks for recipients of that email and sends out some drip content
  • Third program looks at recipients of second program who have interacted with something and sends out a feedback survey

Each of these programs would have their own program workflows in them as well just as they would today. But a workflow builder would more easily allow you to link them together so you can follow the journey of any given participant through the workflow, troubleshoot, and set up the overall journey as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Yeah, both of these could be easier. Could probably wrangle -- in some situations -- Events Framework to get a Program to run more than 1x a day, and could set up a Program to pull from another Program’s Participant records or logs. But both of those feel more like workarounds than purpose-built.

You also took this in a direction that I didn’t expect 🙂 Is there something you’d want to try with JO that it can handle today, but you just haven’t had the time or need to do it yet, @bradley?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Yeah, both of these could be easier. Could probably wrangle -- in some situations -- Events Framework to get a Program to run more than 1x a day, and could set up a Program to pull from another Program’s Participant records or logs. But both of those feel more like workarounds than purpose-built.

You also took this in a direction that I didn’t expect 🙂 Is there something you’d want to try with JO that it can handle today, but you just haven’t had the time or need to do it yet, @bradley?

I guess to answer your actual question :) I’ve wanted to do a PX<>CS Journey. Had a first attempt a couple years ago before any direct integration was really a thing but haven’t had the opportunity/occasion to do it since.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Such a good one! So much power there.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Another thing that would be great is the ability to easily trigger a program with another program - If you’re familiar with process builder or workflows in Salesforce (I forget what they call them now) this is sort of a similar idea and in fact, if you wanted to go all out wouldn’t be limited to program to program interaction.

The short version of a use case here is tech/digital touch customers and their onboarding:

• First program sends out a welcome email
  • Second program looks for recipients of that email and sends out some drip content
  • Third program looks at recipients of second program who have interacted with something and sends out a feedback survey

There was the idea once of “Program Stacking.” I really hope this comes to fruition because it’s imperative in a Digital led segment.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

More robust analytics - be able to better show our stakeholders the ROI. Set goals with each program (like a goal open rate, bounce rate etc). JO takes a good chunk of a person’s time to get fully set, but it tends to be difficult to share out analysis

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Such a great discussion topic! We’re currently investigating how JO can help us with scheduling customer purchased professional services sessions. We capture professional services as subscription records in SFDC and ingest them into Gainsight through DD with Snowflake, so I was considering using an Event Status as a calculated field that would assess if the session had been scheduled or not.

I like the idea of triggering off of timeline or a CTA task!

I think that changing the perception of what JO can be used for is important but somewhat difficult for newcomers to the feature. For example, the most common use case needs I hear from my org are related to the routine emails they send customers in their workflow, like for chasing down Docusign signatures or scheduling QBRs. But those types of emails always come with a lot of nuance and varied messaging depending on unique customer situations. Where instead, I think we could really be leveraging JO for things we aren’t yet emailing our customers about -- like warm outreach about new product features, as you suggested Seth. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That’s a major 🤯 moment, @sarahmiracle :
“I think we could really be leveraging JO for things we aren’t yet emailing our customers about”

@heather_hansen These ProServ sessions that Sarah mentioned remind me of your constant journey with Calendly!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I’ve often thought that I’d like to be able to tie things that are in separate areas of the product together.  For example, if I’m building a survey, I’d like to be able to build the email template/journey from within the framework of the survey builder so I don’t have to jump around to different areas of the product.  I agree with @bradley too - an easier way to “chain” programs together.  I’ve also kicked around creating a process for a CSM to flag an account to go into a journey and also remove them.  We just migrated to NXT, so I may be exploring that soon.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@PavanCh @siva_kiran_yellapragada Some great ideas in here to consider!