Solved

Different Thank you email for NPS survey with a comment and without?

• 16 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello - 

I’m migrating our NPS survey to Gainsight. After a participant has answered the survey, we have typically sent out a different email to those that responded with a comment and to those that didn’t add a comment (asking one more time for feedback).

Is it possible to do this in the JO program? Have it send one type of thank you for the ones with a comment and those without?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by jean.nairon 17 October 2020, 03:05

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@tammy_c I haven’t tried this, but I think you should be able to do this by using Custom Field Mapping for the Comments, and then, use an email variant with the filter to select the variant being whether or not the Comments field is NULL. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Yes! You’re right @heather_hansen. You can use a filter in the JO queries for this. I would created to JO programs. One for surveys with a comment, and a second for surveys without a comment. 

You potentially could have it all in one JO program but there would need to be some more logic in your queries and your journey. For example, if there’s a comment, they go to step 1. If there’s no comment, they go to step 2. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Yes! You’re right @heather_hansen. You can use a filter in the JO queries for this. I would created to JO programs. One for surveys with a comment, and a second for surveys without a comment. 

You potentially could have it all in one JO program but there would need to be some more logic in your queries and your journey. For example, if there’s a comment, they go to step 1. If there’s no comment, they go to step 2. 

@tammy_c Did this work for you? Do you still need any help here?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Sorry for the delay - last minute project came up! I’ll try this and post if I have any questions or problems. Thanks!